Opinions:. Whipple stage I

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pinoybruin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am local to Whipple and inquired about the stage one and it looks promising. They upgraded the intercooler and intake which should be an easy install. Then they have to flash your PCM for the new tune. When I asked if I can drive to the shop for a quick flash he told me they act do it because it gets sent off to a Ford engineer for analysis and flashing (takes 34 hours). So what do you guys think? Do you the numbers of this kit will be similar to Ford? Still debating if I should go forward as the truck is my daily.

Link: whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id

CWBROWN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The link wasn't working for me. I guess my question is why do you want the supercharger?? Whatever the cost it seems like a lot to spend this early in the game. With all the R&D that companies are doing right now I would hold off. I think this V6 has a lot more to give and companies are just putting out tunes. I think a stage one would maybe get you to 600hp?? I know for my Gen1 the supercharger was close to $10k with installation. You can do a lot of engine upgrade to your already great motor for 1/2 that. Just my two cents...but let the flood gate of debate open. No lack of opinions here! Lol

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
Whipple Mega Cooler, roto molded high velocity cold air intake and industry leading custom calibration to make an amazing 150* foot pounds of torque and 80* horsepower more than stock. Even better, at 4000rpm, the system produces over 220 foot pounds of torque over stock giving more power under the curve for incredible throttle response.

CWBROWN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems legit for $2k. That's a lot of added torque. I would assume this voids the warranty? I know when I did my Roush upgrade on my Gen 1 you had to buy a warranty through them....is this the same deal? Is $2k really like $4K when it's all said and done?

Homer Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In for more info. I do like Whipple....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Am I the only one that sees this and wonders if those numbers from 5* are complete ********?

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No supercharger just tune, intercooler, and intake

This is in the G2 section.

5star is claiming 416rwhp on a stock (over 2k mile) eco

Whipple is saying that with their intake, IC and tune they get 400rwhp.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Whipple, being an industry leader, is WAY better at tuning than 5* and he's claiming 470rwhp tune only.

Edit: language. I was fired up about work, lol

Last edited: