When you get out of the truck with keys.. does your truck lock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol like i said i got stuck........ but absolutely no complaints.

i didn't even order mine. i randomly found it after looking at the build and price one day.
"it was meant for us since it was built right after my birthday." my wife. her birthday is 4/25. the truck is 4/28.

radio_man

Reaction score
Wow. This thread went sideways quick and I don't think you ever got your question answered!

It is NORMAL (and very important) behavior for the car/truck to honk when walking away from a running vehicle with the FOB. Some vehicles politely chime, others are a little less "kind" and honk instead. ;-)

If you think about it, this makes complete sense just in case someone other than he driver accidentally walks away with the FOB in their purse/pocket!!

This is also a measure to prevent tossing the FOB into the trunk; causing it to lose the connection with the vehicle. Heck, some vehicles are so sensitive, they require the FOB to be in the front driver's area!

HTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can confirm the part about the sensitivity. Unless I am near the driver's side the truck will display a key missing message. Even standing outside on the passenger side leaning in is not close enough.

The salesman turned off the honk, disabled auto stop/start, and a few other things when I picked up the truck.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was told that if you turn the truck off, walk away from the truck with the FOB that it locks (802A) after 45 seconds. Is this true?

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told that if you turn the truck off, walk away from the truck with the FOB that it locks (802A) after 45 seconds. Is this true?

no. the auto relock feature is a forscan change. it will auto reloc 45 seconds after pressing the unlock button if no doors are opened.

ckelly33

Reaction score
no. the auto relock feature is a forscan change. it will auto reloc 45 seconds after pressing the unlock button if no doors are opened.
Will it lock w fob inside? I miss locking my keys inside. I still do it but would prefer to not have to use door keypad Everytime I want to do it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will it lock w fob inside? I miss locking my keys inside. I still do it but would prefer to not have to use door keypad Everytime I want to do it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

i think you need to wrap the fob in tinfoil or something to lock it in the truck. really i don't know since my fob stays in my pocket.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Fairly certain Auto Relock does not work (even via FORScan) for 2017 or 2018 trucks.

i think you need to wrap the fob in tinfoil or something to lock it in the truck.

NO. You can always lock your key fob in the truck (no tinfoil required). I think the owner's manual details a number of ways to do it. The easiest and one I use whenever I'm headed out on the mountain and don't want the big fob in my pocket is to place the fob out of sight in the console, close the doors and lock it using the 7-8 + 9-0 keypress.