Has Anyone Line-X'd Their Front Skid Plate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about getting my front skid plate Line-X'd. It would be for looks and hopefully add some functional protection as well. I dented my gen 1's skid plate pretty good offroading and had to replace it, but it was just powdercoated. After seeing all the Line-X promotional videos, I think it would add some margin of protection and hopefully help prevent some dents. Has anyone ever done this? If so, what were your results?

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did, there's 2 sections

The actual front skid on the bottom and the "fake" skid that Ford just painted silver that's actually a part of the bumper

I'm playing with doing the bumper in Line ultra and had regular Line on the skid

chi_weezy

Reaction score
I'm going to do it when I get mine. I remember seeing another person do it on here. Might've been plastidip but either way, somebody post some pics!

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score

Attachments

• Applique2.jpg
    Applique2.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
OP
OP
ChevyChad

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stellar idea :rolleyes:

Guess I could just cover it with fake carbon fiber wanna be stickers. Thatd probably be even more baller huh :supergay:

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

I did, there's 2 sections

The actual front skid on the bottom and the "fake" skid that Ford just painted silver that's actually a part of the bumper

I'm playing with doing the bumper in Line ultra and had regular Line on the skid

Yea, Ive already switched out my front stock bumper, so all that remains on mine is the actual lower skid plate. So now the silver sticks out like a sore thumb. Another reason I think the line-x would blend in better with my setup.

Attachments

• Rap4.jpg
    Rap4.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
linex will work great and look nice as long as you dont use truck for off road use. As soon as that skid gets into the rocks/jumping impact all of the linex will shed off and show through.

OP
OP
ChevyChad

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do plan to offroad it. Not too many crazy jumps around here, but definitely some rough terrain would not be out of the question. I would hope that the line-X would hold up to anything like that. I have put lots of crazy stuff in my line-x beds (both this one and my previous gen 1) with zero degradation or peeling off of the material itself.

If line-x will not hold up, I may as well just apply the spray can bed liner to it. At least with that, I'd be able to touch it up if it gets scuffed or whatever. But I liked the idea of line-x for its abilities to protect anything that it is coated with.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do plan to offroad it. Not too many crazy jumps around here, but definitely some rough terrain would not be out of the question. I would hope that the line-X would hold up to anything like that. I have put lots of crazy stuff in my line-x beds (both this one and my previous gen 1) with zero degradation or peeling off of the material itself.

If line-x will not hold up, I may as well just apply the spray can bed liner to it. At least with that, I'd be able to touch it up if it gets scuffed or whatever. But I liked the idea of line-x for its abilities to protect anything that it is coated with.

the stock powder coating is thick and slippery which should hold up well to only dune use(Sand impacts only)..and my skid is stripped down to bare metal on skid...I dont think linex will hold up to this abuse...if it does I will do the same thing.