AUX Switch Wires and Pass Through Wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaxMartini

Reaction score
Getting ready to wire up some HAM radio gear in a Gen 2 2017 F-150 Raptor. I finally found the AUX switch wires under the hood and I was also able to locate the pass through wires that run back into the CAB. I have yet to find the other end of the Pass through wires - I was thinking they were behind the kick panel on the passenger size near the fuse block - I am still looking, it is really tight down there.

35111049811_c690ddcd1a_z.jpg
The Six AUX Switches inside the CAB

35200994576_d0f7c35b66_z.jpg
The Six Pass Through Wires Under The Hood

35200994706_9907029123_z.jpg
Wide View Of Where The Pass Through and AUX Switch Wires Are Located Under The Hood

34432221503_546e21339d_z.jpg
Pass Through And AUX Switch Wires Under The Hood

35240926745_523edbb219_z.jpg
Details of the 6 AUX Switch Wires

Short Video Of The AUX Wires
https://youtu.be/2nHx7lsF0gA

What I need to locate now are the other ends of the pass through in the CAB - I can't see/find them near the fuse block under the passenger kick panel - anybody have some pointers? (more photos here in the gallery)
35240931775_f0a4d237d8_z.jpg

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I wish I could help, but you’re ahead of me. The --alleged-- pass through wires in the engine compartment aren’t readily findable in my truck.

Good luck.

OP
OP
MaxMartini

MaxMartini

Reaction score
I wish I could help, but you’re ahead of me. The --alleged-- pass through wires in the engine compartment aren’t readily findable in my truck.

Good luck.

Took me a while to find them as well - they were tapped up and folded over in the bottom bundle - take a look at the quick video I did you may look in that area to find them. I can't find the the other end inside the CAB - heavy sigh - I may have to remove the whole passenger side panels to locate them. I am also looking for a hole or grommet to run some coax in from either front or back - I did find two plugs under each side up front but nothing in the rear. The entire thing seems to be riveted and glued together - not much to rust on the body that is for sure.....

Crashking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure the bundle closest to the power distribution box is the passthrough? The manual states otherwise, and the lights I just wired in are to the wires closests to the box.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to wire up some HAM radio gear in a Gen 2 2017 F-150 Raptor. I finally found the AUX switch wires under the hood and I was also able to locate the pass through wires that run back into the CAB. I have yet to find the other end of the Pass through wires - I was thinking they were behind the kick panel on the passenger size near the fuse block - I am still looking, it is really tight down there.

35111049811_c690ddcd1a_z.jpg
The Six AUX Switches inside the CAB

35200994576_d0f7c35b66_z.jpg
The Six AUX Switch Wires Under The Hood

35200994706_9907029123_z.jpg
Wide View Of Where The Six AUX Switch Wires Under The Hood

34432221503_856e0bd14b_z.jpg

Pass Through And AUX Switch Wires Under The Hood

35240926745_523edbb219_z.jpg
Details of the 6 AUX Switch Wires

Short Video Of The AUX Wires
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ca2-b3ooj8

What I need to locate now are the other ends of the pass through in the CAB - I can't see/find them near the fuse block under the passenger kick panel - anybody have some pointers? (more photos here in the gallery)
35240931775_f0a4d237d8_z.jpg

You've got that backwards. The live aux switch wires are on the passenger's side of the bulkhead and the pass through wires are on the driver's side of the bulkhead.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Are you sure the bundle closest to the power distribution box is the passthrough? The manual states otherwise, and the lights I just wired in are to the wires closests to the box.
He has it labeled backwards.

OP
OP
MaxMartini

MaxMartini

Reaction score
You've got that backwards. The live aux switch wires are on the passenger's side of the bulkhead and the pass through wires are on the driver's side of the bulkhead.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

He has it labeled backwards.

I can fix that if that is the case - I'll be the first to say I have not hooked anything
to the switches since I can't find the other end in the CAB (yet). In the Supplement manual on page 44 is where I was getting the info - in my original drawing I guess the bundle near the fuse-box are the "hot" - I'll validate this with a meter and update the photos and video.

Crashking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can fix that if that is the case - I'll be the first to say I have not hooked anything
to the switches since I can't find the other end in the CAB (yet). In the Supplement manual on page 44 is where I was getting the info - in my original drawing I guess the bundle near the fuse-box are the "hot" - I'll validate this with a meter and update the photos and video.

The supplement is a little confusing with the pictures... but the wires closest to the passenger fender are the switch wires and not the dead pass through wires. If you haven't found it by tomorrow I'll take a look at my truck after work and see if I can find the bundle and snap a picture for ya

1DXmk2

Reaction score
For the in cab wires, check right at floor level under the passenger side fuse box. Everything I read said they were up by the glove box, but after digging around for more than two hours, I found mine right at the bottom beneath the fuse box.

...and the wires closest to the passenger fender under the hood are the switched hot...the other set further away are the pass through.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MaxMartini

MaxMartini

Reaction score
Thanks everybody - I have updated my original post to reflect the CORRECT sets of wires. Wire bundle closets to passenger fender are the AUX Switches HOT.

Going to go dig UNDER the passenger fusebox for the pass through bundle in the CAB..... Details to follow.

GizmoVance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new 2017 upfitters have been changed compared to Gen 1.

As opposed to Gen 1, the Gen 2 has already been connected at the right side passenger panel.

What hasn't changed, is how crAZY tight it is in that panel under the dash!

The good news is that they've provided MORE slack and connected them for you which will avoid a lot of bloodshed! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk