GEN 2 Big Brake Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love wilwood most what I use. They have been saying that for 6 months prior on their kit why I went with Brembo

Not all I am looking for, a BBK changes the big as mentioned before so that will ultimately improve braking performance while looking better.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

I have confirmed with Wilwood that they have not released their kit for the 17 Raptor and the current kit for F-150's will not fit without modifications. They said 90 days on their new kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Jayrod

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok also just confirmed that Baer does have a kit for the Raptor it is as follows.

Front 2 piece rotor BBK for 20" wheel- Part # 4261409

Rear 2 piece rotor BBK 20" Wheel- Part# 4262688

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

I love wilwood most what I use. They have been saying that for 6 months prior on their kit why I went with Brembo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I figured it was a pipe dream

OP
OP
Jayrod

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody gets banned around here. Since the stock brakes can lock up the stock tires with ease a bbk won't be much of an improvement. Pads, rotors, and brake lines can improve the bite, fade, and feel.

Maybe this got cleared up later in the thread

You need to clarify, not much improvement for the first panic stop

Thereafter ie repeated heavy use is why you get a BBK

For the first panic stop, OEM is more than sufficient

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Ok also just confirmed that Baer does have a kit for the Raptor it is as follows.

Front 2 piece rotor BBK for 20" wheel- Part # 4261409

Rear 2 piece rotor BBK 20" Wheel- Part# 4262688

Yes, if that's the Extreme+ setup for the 2015+ trucks, it will work on the Raptor

It's hard to beat Brembo, but I like Baer too since they're the only ones I know of whose rear caliper is the same size as the front

Doesn't do squat for better braking but the $$$ is the same, I like the look of same sized 6p setup on all 4s

OP
OP
Jayrod

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decided to give Freedom Motorsports a shot and did the BBK from R1. Looks nice and 8 piston front, 6 piston rear, 2 piece rotors, etc. good price as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Decided to give Freedom Motorsports a shot and did the BBK from R1. Looks nice and 8 piston front, 6 piston rear, 2 piece rotors, etc. good price as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What size did you get?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jayrod

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size did you get?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Rotors are 2 piece Drilled and slotted 405 MM Front, 380 Rear, 8 Piston Cal front and 6 Piston rear. Comes with SS lines, Pads etc. They will do any color combination you want in either gloss or anodized. Freedom worked with R1 for a direct bolt kit for the 17 Raptor. Build time is 4 weeks, which, is fine waiting on the wheels anyway.

https://www.r1concepts.com/bbk_interactive/