Iphone 7 and bluetooth - disconnecting during call

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
iPhone 7Plus keeps disconnecting mid-call then reconnects about 30 seconds later. The damn thing never stays connected during a call. I pulled the SYNC fuse. Nothing. I disconnected the battery for 20 min. Nothing. Anyone have the same issue and solved it? I did the usual delete device/forget device and re-pair.

Also, I thought that disconnecting the battery would delete all my radio presets. It didn't.

Any help would be appreciated.

bar

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
First of all, this is more than likely a bluetooth problem more so than a Sync or iPhone problem. I’ve got an iPhone 7 as well and the Bluetooth works about 90% of the time without issue but the other 10%, not so much. I don’t do much talking on the phone in the truck, but I do bluetooth music and sometimes it gets pretty badly garbled, skips etc.

You can do a sync system reset - page 454 of the F150 manual, or I believe you can do a ‘forget this device’ or “consciously decouple” your iPhone / Raptor and then reintroduce them.

Hopefully that will help.

guitarist982

Reaction score
@Bar it's actually a known Sync problem according to Microsoft. Started the day I got my 7 plus and paired it. Exactly as described and I went through every standard troubleshoot as well. Finally found a support chat through the Ford Owner website, described the issue, and was told immediately they've received other identical reports and were working on an update. This was probably 6 or 7 months ago so I'm not holding my breath.

At this point everyone I talk to knows if I go silent just to hang on and once it reconnects I wait a few seconds and say "hello" and pick up the conversation. At least it doesn't happen when streaming music via bluetooth, which I'm doing for over 3 hours a day with my current commute. I'd lose my cool if that were the case.

OP
OP
B

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear it wasn't just my MFT. Crazy that Ford is taking that long to fix these kinds of things. Not shocked though. I just haven't heard anyone else mention this issue.

Me2

Reaction score
What software version are you running? I recently bought my truck and couldn't get my iPhone 7 to work worth a crap. It was running 3.5 (supposedly the current version). I found version 3.10 online, upgraded, and it works great now.

guitarist982

Reaction score
What software version are you running? I recently bought my truck and couldn't get my iPhone 7 to work worth a crap. It was running 3.5 (supposedly the current version). I found version 3.10 online, upgraded, and it works great now.

Interesting. Got a link to where you found 3.10? Ford site shows my 3.8 as up-to-date.

*EDIT*

Might have found it on the XDA forum. I'll download it and take a look. Looks like it should work for any Ford.

Last edited:

Me2

Reaction score
Interesting. Got a link to where you found 3.10? Ford site shows my 3.8 as up-to-date.

*EDIT*

Might have found it on the XDA forum. I'll download it and take a look. Looks like it should work for any Ford.

Yeah, that's where I got it. It will put up a generic Ford splash screen, but it can easily be modified to use the Raptor screen (or it can be done afterward, too).

Take note that it says 3.8 at the end up the upgrade (creator just used the screens from 3.8 since Ford didn't officially release 3.10), but when you check the version afterward, it shows as 3.10 like it should.

guitarist982

Reaction score
Yeah, that's where I got it. It will put up a generic Ford splash screen, but it can easily be modified to use the Raptor screen (or it can be done afterward, too).

Take note that it says 3.8 at the end up the upgrade (creator just used the screens from 3.8 since Ford didn't officially release 3.10), but when you check the version afterward, it shows as 3.10 like it should.

Sounds good. I was just adding the raptor splash files and changing the auto install as we speak. In reading through it, did you modify anything else? To keep vehicle health report or anything? Or did you just download it and throw it on?

Me2

Reaction score
Sounds good. I was just adding the raptor splash files and changing the auto install as we speak. In reading through it, did you modify anything else? To keep vehicle health report or anything? Or did you just download it and throw it on?

Just the splash screen. Dealers will supposedly upgrade you to 3.10 if you are having phone issues, but mine was trying to charge me $140 to 'diagnose' it and claimed that they may not be able to make it work since the tech is so old. They also didn't have appointments for over a week. I went home and threw this on instead, and haven't looked back.

guitarist982

Reaction score
Updated to 3.10 over the weekend. No issues with loading the update, but also no change in phone behavior. Phone calls have probably disconnected 10 times in the last 2 days. Bluetooth audio will still stream for hours.

Nav seems to respond a smidge quicker, but other than that, no noticeable differences between 3.8. and 3.10 for me.