New Tunes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rowdy350

Reaction score
Got my 5 STAR tuner module and the Email tunes in yesterday. I also received my Pedal Commander yesterday.
Installed the Pedal Commander first (so easy my 1 year old could do it). Dialed up the Sport+/3 setting. Too excessive. Turned it a few more times and settled on City/3. Its a neat gimmick in my opinion. The unit does what is says.

Installed my 5 STAR tuner this AM. Downloaded 93 Performance and gave it a whirl. Lots of fun. Butt dyne said we have lots more power. Tranny shifts were firm and solid. After the fun was over I decided that wasn't my choice tune for Daily. Cruise RPM's were too high and coupled with the Pedal Commander the throttle felt more like an ON/OFF switch.

Installed the 91 Daily Tune. I feel this is much closer to how FORD should have tuned the truck. Power is readily available without being obnoxious. Tranny shifts are firm and gear selection is nice. I notice the tune picks a gear about 2 down from factory at city cruising speeds. WOT is very good. I will probably back the Pedal Commander down a little. (like I said "its a little weird to me).

The folks at 5 STAR were awesome to deal with and very polite.

Hope this might help if anyone is on the fence.

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rowdy,
My exact thoughts...I backed my PC down to city +1 or +2. still trying to get the feel, hard to coast behind some traffic, wants to go.

Dr.Z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my five star tune today. Waiting for the downpipe and intake to come. Gotta order the intercooler tomorrow.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
OP, this tuner comes with a few different off the shelf selectable times on it? This is not custom to the truck correct?

So if you have exhaust intake etc, the tunes aren't customized to that? Just trying to figure this out because I was thinking about the AFE Scorcher

Dr.Z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP, this tuner comes with a few different off the shelf selectable times on it? This is not custom to the truck correct?

So if you have exhaust intake etc, the tunes aren't customized to that? Just trying to figure this out because I was thinking about the AFE Scorcher

They Change the tunes for the mods you have.

OP
OP
Rowdy350

Rowdy350

Reaction score

If your trucks stock the tunes they send will be for a stock config. They way I understand their deal is TUNES for LIFE. So I assume when mods are made a quick phone call or email will get me a updated file.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Just got my five star tune today. Waiting for the downpipe and intake to come. Gotta order the intercooler tomorrow.

Did you go Catless on the downpipes?