Meet my Beast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my plate based on that graphic, which was referenced in another thread a while back. This position allowed me to install my Baja Designs Onx6 light bar behind the lower grill.

What is your plate mounted to? Do you have a bracket of some sort, or is the plate mounted directly to the bumper? I've looked around for a mounting bracket designed for that location, but haven't had much luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is your plate mounted to? Do you have a bracket of some sort, or is the plate mounted directly to the bumper? I've looked around for a mounting bracket designed for that location, but haven't had much luck.

I could have used the the factory mount bracket that comes w/our trucks, but didn't because the plate would stick out further and possibly block some side light from the light bar. I just removed the lower grill cover and used two 3/8" bolts to fasten it directly to the cover.

Last edited:

max_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like that part is only for "Gulf Cooperative Countries" (GCC) and isnt shippable.

2017 Ford F-150 Front Bumper Cover Grille | FordParts.com

It is mounted directly with no bracket

f94913e06ce5a79b06c06ac8475a2c12.jpg

a037b138681689d540abcb91b55be341.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

You guys can use the dimensions in the picture I posted to create a template for the holes

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was it confirmed that there are no sensors or anything behind that would be blocked by the license plate on a fully loaded 802A?

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just run no front plate like 80% of us lol

I see you are in So Cal, too. I have to park my truck on the streets of Santa Monica often and will get nailed in a heartbeat w/out a front plate. Maybe OC is more tolerant. I don't mind the side plate at all and it will look even better when I receive my 1960's plates in black and yellow that say "BAHA FUN".

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am gonna mount mine on the drivers side. same way so thank you for details on how you did it.