GEN 2 Opinions on wheel color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Why buy a custom 3 piece wheel when there are sooo many options out there with perfect fitment? Way less money, available now, and you'll know exactly how they look because internet

OP
OP
Jayrod

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why buy a custom 3 piece wheel when there are sooo many options out there with perfect fitment? Way less money, available now, and you'll know exactly how they look because internet

Things have actually changed a bit in this department. Several companies offer a 1 piece forged, stronger, still can get custom color work, however, the wait time is still up there.

To answer your main question it won't be off-road much so I'd like a nice looking wheel that is different.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Black wheels are lame at this point- everyone has them. Even the OEMs are selling vehicles with all black wheels now. You know that look is tired when the OEMs start doing it.

The wheels shown in the first pic of the thread are perfect- get those. You'll like them even better in person, not less so.

OP
OP
Jayrod

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black wheels are lame at this point- everyone has them. Even the OEMs are selling vehicles with all black wheels now. You know that look is tired when the OEMs start doing it.

The wheels shown in the first pic of the thread are perfect- get those. You'll like them even better in person, not less so.

Kind of the way I feel. I am thinking a brushed gunmetal or trying to figure out what color that is in the first picture. Looks almost AG

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the wheels in the link below and I think they go great with a black truck. I don't even have the grey flares or bumpers anymore either, and they still look nice. I'm really glad I did not get black wheels. Hell, you might as well just get those for your truck too. They are designed specifically to fit a Raptor, work with the stock lugs, are made and the USA, and are cheap. What else do you need?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aew-0127-8993/overview/

Ownby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't be afraid of the bronze

IMG_3904_zpsin77znnv.jpg

I'm so on the edge of getting the bronze method con6 wheels but worried how bronze will look with the grey. Your 3 pictures look great. Do you have any more pictures of the trunk in sunlight with those wheels. Truck looks amazing just need more help making this decision on getting bronze wheels.

jkscuba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm so on the edge of getting the bronze method con6 wheels but worried how bronze will look with the grey. Your 3 pictures look great. Do you have any more pictures of the trunk in sunlight with those wheels. Truck looks amazing just need more help making this decision on getting bronze wheels.

As requested...

IMG_0182_zpsteh653oh.jpg

IMG_0181_zpsfiu5hrhn.jpg

IMG_0183_zpsj8bulvop.jpg

Last edited: