GEN 2 Help...late allocation '17 Depreciation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtgod

Reaction score
Dilemma...release my late allocation '17 order entered this week and go forth with the '18 OR stay put?

I just took a last allocation for '17 that another person backed out on at my dealer earlier this week...but now having some remorse over the fact that '18 orders will be going in soon (and some already have '18 DORAs on here).

I am worried that I am getting a year old truck with the associated depreciation (especially since I am already paying MSRP) with the current order.

I did order an AG which I love (and which is cut for '18) but the new Lead Foot gray also looks good to me although I haven't seen images of the Raptor in that color yet (there is a mustang GT image onliine).

What does the forum think?

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Are you willing to wait?
How bad do you want AG?

I haven't seen any 18 DORAS yet... so who knows about that. Imo we all went through hell and back to get our 17's if you can get in one do it. Cause it'll most likely be the same shit show for the 18's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thump4863

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wait for the 18'. unless dealer lets the 17' go for a few K under MSRP.

This. My dealer has a 2017 coming in at the end of June that is identical to the 2018 I just ordered. They tried to sell me this one, but I told them it would need to be under MSRP for me to do it. The updates to the adaptive cruise to include stop and go is a plus for me plus the fact you are getting a year newer for resell purposes.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this dilemma but ended up getting it now than later as I couldn't even get a 17' at MSRP until the special order from the original customer fell through. I also didn't want to be waiting months for the 18's to start being released, if I could get an MSRP deal, or whether I could place my name for an allotment. Yes there are a few changes but unless you are able to wait and can secure an 18' allotment that's early, I can see you playing this game of worrying about depreciation next year.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
It's a truck not a high dollar Porsche. Getting the color you want is the most important. Don't worry about depreciation. If you're like me, I keep my truck for about five years so the depreciation between the '17-'18 will be minimal when it's time to sell. Avalanche is a one year color. If that's the color you want then the opportunity is now.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As long as you don't plan on reselling it right away I wouldn't worry about an 18. Consider it a low mileage jump start. And these trucks don't depreciate like most vehicles either. Guys still selling G1's for 45-50k. Get the color you want.

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AG is super easy to keep looking clean.
Llithium, which is similiar to Leadfoot, always really shows the dust and marks due to it being a dark color, combined with no metallic which helps hide blemishes.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A 2017 will always be worth less than a 2018 all other things being equal.