GEN 2 Baja design backup lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Does anyone have any night shots of this kit? Trying to figure out which lights to go with. Wanted to see the light output. Thanks guys.
@Baja Designs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JDog

Reaction score
I guess it's plug and play to be tied Into the lights when you put it into reverse. But could you also run a wire up to the front and tie into an upfitter switch for on demand lights? Anyone know what the amp draw is?

OP
OP
Azholley

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I guess it's plug and play to be tied Into the lights when you put it into reverse. But could you also run a wire up to the front and tie into an upfitter switch for on demand lights? Anyone know what the amp draw is?

Yes you sure can just make your own wiring. Amp draw is .9 perl light so wire to a 5amp switch so you don't waste the others.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone wired to work in reverse and on demand to an up fitter switch?

If so, curious how you wired it to work in both scenarios.

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to installing these backup lights after doing all the rust proofing, nano coating, etc. first. It's hard finding time these days to do everything myself, so I try to prioritize. I was also installing a Putco Switchblade 60" light bar at the same time.

Regardless, I don't like tapping into the factory harness if I can help it, so I wanted to share what I did.

CURT 7-pin plug-and-play T-Connector (P/N: 55384):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009FJ38Q/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

It plugs in-between the 7-pin connection under your truck (just behind the spare tire). You can tap in the BD reverse light power wire to the center pin of this t-connector before snapping in and then no need to tap into the tail light (center wire of the 7-pin section).

If you are also interested in the Putco light, then the attached 4-pin connector on the CURT harness plugs right in, then you just tap in the reverse light wire and 12V power into the 7-pin part of the CURT harness. Again, no need to tap into any of the factory wiring under the truck. However, since I have the BLISS pro trailer option, I did have to do a power connection under the dash so that it wouldn't detect anything and still provide a 12V source (their included instructions show you how to do this). Also note that you will need to use a spacer for the light to clear the black bracket and bolt near the right side of the taligaite where the light goes. I used some dense foam I had around.

Either which way, the CURT harness is great for tapping in any accessories in the rear end.

If you're looking for water resistant scotchloks, you can find them here (I still heatshrink over the top anyway:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0035R7TKO/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

If interested, here is the Putco Switchblade:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0198CV5E0/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Last edited: