Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stereo Extended Play APIM 7D0-01-01 xx*x xxxx xxxx Stereo Extended Play: A=off, 2=20mins, 3=30mins, 4=40mins, 5=50mins, 6=60mins (Sync 2 & Sync 3)

I maybe confused but wouldn't Photo want to use the A=off
If he doesn't want the stereo to play when he shuts down.

APIM 7D0-01-01 xxAx xxxx xxxx - this will prevent the stereo from being able to be turned on at all when truck is off and pushing the power button on stereo (without putting truck on in accessory mode from start button)

** This used to be the case on Sync 3 v1.0 but haven't tested this since upgrading to Sync 3 v2.2

Update: ^ confirmed to be the same in Sync 3 v2.2

Only way to have stereo turn off right away (assuming you're staying in truck after turning off ignition) is to open/shut a door so the accessory timeout expires.

Last edited:

Mink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Livnitup,

Are there any codes to make the truck not light up like a Christmas tree when I shut it off and get out of the truck? Some times hunting I don't want all the lights coming on. Outside

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Livnitup,

Are there any codes to make the truck not light up like a Christmas tree when I shut it off and get out of the truck? Some times hunting I don't want all the lights coming on. Outside

Only thing I know of is the Dark Car mode that you could set before a hunting trip otherwise pressing lock on fob should immediately turn them off.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to auto lock truck when I exit. I see this option but looks like it is not functional, any other options available.

Auto Relock enable (currently this doesn't work on 2017s)

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is auto lock the feature that locks and arms the alarm when you close the door, and it no longer detects the key inside the car?

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is auto lock the feature that locks and arms the alarm when you close the door, and it no longer detects the key inside the car?
Unless they changed functionality on the 2017s it's as follows:

The autolock feature locks all of the doors after all of the following have occurred:
  • l All the doors are closed.
  • l The ignition is on.
  • l The vehicle is shifted into any gear to put the vehicle in motion.
  • l The vehicle attains a speed greater than 20 km/h (12.4 mph).
The auto lock feature activates again during the same ignition cycle when all of the following have occurred:
  • l The vehicle speed is reduced to less than 15 km/h (9.3 mph).
  • l A door is opened and then closed.
  • l The vehicle attains a speed greater than 20 km/h (12.4 mph).
The autolock feature can be enabled/disabled through the message center

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

I would like to auto lock truck when I exit. I see this option but looks like it is not functional, any other options available.

Auto Relock enable (currently this doesn't work on 2017s)

Auto Relock locks the truck if the unlock button is pressed on the fob but no door is opened in the time span of 45 seconds but 2017 owners say it doesn't work like it does on 2015-2016s.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh ok. Too bad, the auto lock feature on my caddy is pretty nice. Just walk away from the car, and it locks automatically.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Livnitup,

A few questions I'm hoping you can help with man -

• I did the halos as DRLs mod. During the day, the halos light up, but seem really dim. Is there a way to turn up the voltage/brightness on the halos when running them as DRL?
  • I did the global windows up/down mod. It only works on the front windows. Rear ones or the privacy window in the back glass do not work. Are there any codes to do all windows including moonroof and privacy window?
  • I did the reverse tilt mod, but it doesn't work? Neither driver nor passenger mirrors tilt when truck is put into reverse.
  • Is there a code we can use to override seat memory use while moving? i.e., the car won't let me recall a memory setting while moving. Which is insanely stupid and have never seen a car do that, ever. I am not going to pull over and stop to recall my memory setting. Is it possible to override that?

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Livnitup,

A few questions I'm hoping you can help with man -

• I did the halos as DRLs mod. During the day, the halos light up, but seem really dim. Is there a way to turn up the voltage/brightness on the halos when running them as DRL? No, nothing found for this
  • I did the global windows up/down mod. It only works on the front windows. Rear ones or the privacy window in the back glass do not work. Are there any codes to do all windows including moonroof and privacy window? It only works on front windows unfortunately
  • I did the reverse tilt mod, but it doesn't work? Neither driver nor passenger mirrors tilt when truck is put into reverse. You have to select left/right mirror prior to shifting in reverse and then there's the PITA training of the mirror to get it just right. I ended up disabling it on mine and setting memory position 3 as both mirrors pointing down to curb to simplify things
  • Is there a code we can use to override seat memory use while moving? i.e., the car won't let me recall a memory setting while moving. Which is insanely stupid and have never seen a car do that, ever. I am not going to pull over and stop to recall my memory setting. Is it possible to override that? Nothing has been found to override any of the silly speed restrictions (nav in motion, spotlights at any speed, changing options in IPC menu, front/360 cameras turning off at a certain speed, etc.)

^^^