Gen 2 Ingot Silver thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watching all these silver trucks make me want mine so much more. Feels like a long wait but only a few more days. Though in all honesty, I ordered on 3/1 so it hasn't been that long.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watching all these silver trucks make me want mine so much more. Feels like a long wait but only a few more days. Though in all honesty, I ordered on 3/1 so it hasn't been that long.

Not quite like ordering last summer and holding your breath :ROFLJest:
I want to see yours too when it comes in!

ron.bumpus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love that color. I ordered silver February 2 and no build date yet.

Same here, Love that color, really regretting getting the shadow black. been looking to trade /swap with dealer, but I have not been able to find one close enough, that plus getting my *** handed to me on a trade / wife :)

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ agree with both of you. Silver is an awesome color for a truck. But doesn't seem to get a lot of love surprisingly.

Black gets a lot of play. I am not sure if this is actually true or not, but my dealer told me that some 40% of all F150s ordered are black. And nearly every dealer stock order I saw was for a black truck. In fact, I bought a stock order that was originally black with VIN, and then had them go back to Ford and change color to Silver.

duke92

Reaction score
According to Ford data on the TFLtruck website, the frequency of Raptor colors are :

Exterior Color % of USA Raptors
Shadow Black 28.89%
Avalanche 21.08%
Lightning Blue 15.31%
Oxford White 14.99%
Magnetic 8.22%
Ruby Red 6.31%
Ingot Silver 4.76%

Silver is the rarest at less than 5%. I see more standard F150s in Silver but Black and AG are by far the most common for Raptors. In our town, all are black except one that is AG and one Magnetic. I am looking forward to being unique with Silver. Little chance of finding one in stock though.