Anyone heard any V8 ecoboost rumors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This thread has more b!tching and whining than a Priussy who just had their starbucks parking lot space taken by a Raptor.

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
WORD...testing modular V8 EB variants (4.8, 5.0, 5.2, 7.0) @ FORD Essex Engine Plant...they're comin'...stay tuned!

Last edited:

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I'll blow my cover and tell ya the truth. I am a Ford Certified Engine tester! I have been testing an awesome Ford V8 powerplant for 3 years- it's the 6.2L!!! Hopefully it will get put in the Jen 2 so the snowflakes can quit crying about the engine they claim to love so much.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
OK, I'll blow my cover and tell ya the truth. I am a Ford Certified Engine tester! I have been testing an awesome Ford V8 powerplant for 3 years- it's the 6.2L!!! Hopefully it will get put in the Jen 2 so the snowflakes can quit crying about the engine they claim to love so much.

As a Ford Technician, I can vouch for the fact that they are going to put a supercharged 5.0 Coyote into the 3rd Generation Raptor. It should be running 650hp and 700ft/lbs TQ. Other features I've heard talk of are a once piece clamshell type hood, and factory hydraulic bumpstops on all four corners to compliment the 3.0s. Rumors of a progressive rate leaf pack are also out there.

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As a Ford Technician, I can vouch for the fact that they are going to put a supercharged 5.0 Coyote into the 3rd Generation Raptor. It should be running 650hp and 700ft/lbs TQ. Other features I've heard talk of are a once piece clamshell type hood, and factory hydraulic bumpstops on all four corners to compliment the 3.0s. Rumors of a progressive rate leaf pack are also out there.

Dude! You've been in my dreams again haven't you?!

what-if-my-life-is-a-dream-and-my-dreams-are-real-life.jpg

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I work with Ford powertrain DAILY....there will never be a V8 in the Raptor again, for this generation and the next generation (P702).

End of thread, anyone that says otherwise is sadly wrong.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Ford Technicians know about as much as the sales people when it comes to the next gen programs/products. Given all of your dreams in this I assume this was a joke, and I will give you a laugh for it:biggrin:

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I work with Ford powertrain DAILY....there will never be a V8 in the Raptor again, for this generation and the next generation (P702).

End of thread, anyone that says otherwise is sadly wrong.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Ford Technicians know about as much as the sales people when it comes to the next gen programs/products. Given all of your dreams in this I assume this was a joke, and I will give you a laugh for it:biggrin:

Why? Is it over the payload capacity? I have a 302 I need to take to the machine shop. Am I going to have to borrow my neighbor's Silverado to transport it?