4.56 Gears?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mufaza2

Reaction score
If you're spending the time and money on it you might as well go 4.88 and see some performance improvement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now I'm all confused! Lol. I'm leaning towards 4.88s since I'll be running Toyos and they are a bit heavier than BFGs. So I'm thinking I'll need the extra torque to turn em. Thoughts on this? Am I way off?

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now I'm all confused! Lol. I'm leaning towards 4.88s since I'll be running Toyos and they are a bit heavier than BFGs. So I'm thinking I'll need the extra torque to turn em. Thoughts on this? Am I way off?

4.88s will be faster than 4.56s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
4.56 is a safe bump for long haul street use with good offroad performance for 37s

4.88 is the highest street use gear but owners I hear complain on the decrease in range more than exacted as well as puts RPM into drone range for some exhausts.

Pick one as you can't go wrong. Less think more buy

chipw

Reaction score
my installer is having trouble with the yukon 4:88 gears. I purchased the master install kit from Stage 3 motor sports. I know the sent the right kit. Is this just a really hard install?

chipw

Reaction score
no harder than any other gear install.

did he say what the issues are?
I think it was a bolt that needed to be cut down. Stage 3 directed them to an online video that explained what they needed to do. Problem solved, thanks stage 3.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk