Stock Shocks Done.....Want Fox 3.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking of Doing Mid Perch and Flutter Stack for wheel hop and leveling of the front end...IYHO did the Flutter Stack degrade your own road driving at all? I don't think Mid Perch should hurt anything...

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

So what exactly did the Progressive Springs do for you? Do our Gen I raptors come with Specific Rate Springs for OEM? I already submitted a form to these guys for an Exchange as my Gen I Foxes have 83K on them...these guys were highly recommended too.

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

How much did all of this cost?? I have a 2017 Raptor and it handles like a back of ***** over any stutter bumps/pot holes/frost heaves as I have documented in other threads so not sold on upgrading to 3.0s by any stretch although it could be nothing to do w/the 3.0s themselves and everything to do w/the rest of the Truck and how ford set it up...

The progressive springs give the truck much more of a planted feel when going over pot holes and expansion joints. Before, my truck would "jump" to the side when hitting an expansion joint on the slightest curve, but the rebuilt shocks with flutter stack and new springs have reduced it dramatically.
Wheel hop has been reduced to basically nothing as well.

Geiser Bros front coil springs are $500 and the Deaver rear leaf springs go for about $1300. If you don't have an aftermarket rear bump stop kit, you'll also need the SDHQ factory bump stop strike pad replacement kit which will run another $200.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The progressive springs give the truck much more of a planted feel when going over pot holes and expansion joints. Before, my truck would "jump" to the side when hitting an expansion joint on the slightest curve, but the rebuilt shocks with flutter stack and new springs have reduced it dramatically.
Wheel hop has been reduced to basically nothing as well.

Geiser Bros front coil springs are $500 and the Deaver rear leaf springs go for about $1300. If you don't have an aftermarket rear bump stop kit, you'll also need the SDHQ factory bump stop strike pad replacement kit which will run another $200.

Thanks Man...so that sounds like the "Package" to get.

Would you stay low or go Mid Perch with that set up?

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Man...so that sounds like the "Package" to get.

Would you stay low or go Mid Perch with that set up?

I stayed on low perch which rides at about the same height as mid perch with OEM springs. I know some people are running Geiser springs with mid perch, but I didn't really want to raise up the front end any higher. With +2 Deavers, my truck sits 1 to 1.5 inches higher in the back.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stayed on low perch which rides at about the same height as mid perch with OEM springs. I know some people are running Geiser springs with mid perch, but I didn't really want to raise up the front end any higher. With +2 Deavers, my truck sits 1 to 1.5 inches higher in the back.

Ok, so still a slight RAKE to your truck w/the back being higher, but the front is also higher due to the springs...

Overall, handling though...on a scale of 1-10...how much better?

My thing is I don't want to raise the center of Gravity at all and lose any of the cornering stability over uneven terrain or like you mentioned road imperfections or bridge transitions, etc...

Thanks again.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so still a slight RAKE to your truck w/the back being higher, but the front is also higher due to the springs...

Overall, handling though...on a scale of 1-10...how much better?

My thing is I don't want to raise the center of Gravity at all and lose any of the cornering stability over uneven terrain or like you mentioned road imperfections or bridge transitions, etc...

Thanks again.

Just to clarify, the +2 Deavers ride at approx factory height since the factory block is removed. My truck sits at almost exactly the same height on all 4 corners as it did with the OEM set up at mid perch.

Handling on the ****** roads we have here in Colorado went from about a 3-4 to a 7-8.

FordraptorHero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just went from stock, blown, shocks up front now im around mid to top perch on the 3.0s, it feels way more planted in the short drive ive took in it so far, going off of curbs on to the steeet (3 or 4 inch drop) would have previously of felt like the whole truck just shuttered and you would feel it hard and the truck would sway side to side for a while, went over the bump today felt firm, but not jarring or rough as last time, no sway afterwards and no more rubbing with my 37s. i like em

Last edited: