Grinding+Clanking Sound Right Front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driving tonight my truck started making a grinding plus clanking sound in the area of the right front wheel. I thought maybe I had a rock stuck in there but didn't see anything. Just trying different things I engaged 4x4 then disnengaged and the sound went away. Got where I was going hung out for a while and then started driving and it came back. Engaged then disengaged 4x4 again and it went away. Thoughts? Vacuum line leak or something?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fat Nelly

Banned
Reaction score
replace the entire line from vacuum booster to each wheel. Kit costs $68 at Ford. When I tried to fix mine it was so brittle it just kept breaking where it gets close to the exhaust manifold. Grinding was awful sound and messes up the wheel hubs if not fixed asap.

OP
OP
Geo_Tactical

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
replace the entire line from vacuum booster to each wheel. Kit costs $68 at Ford. When I tried to fix mine it was so brittle it just kept breaking where it gets close to the exhaust manifold. Grinding was awful sound and messes up the wheel hubs if not fixed asap.
Replacing the lines today [emoji106]

OP
OP
Geo_Tactical

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score

BigMikeVP

Reaction score
Driver side vacuum line completely severed. Guessing the 37" toyos made contact with it. Going to try and come up with a way to keep them from migrating to the front side of the upper control arms.

had this happen to me. you need to ziptie those lines to the side of your control arms. my mud terrains sawed through my drivers side after some suspension work. Didnt even think about it but that upper control arm comes awfully close to those tires with factory wheel offset.

OP
OP
Geo_Tactical

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had this happen to me. you need to ziptie those lines to the side of your control arms. my mud terrains sawed through my drivers side after some suspension work. Didnt even think about it but that upper control arm comes awfully close to those tires with factory wheel offset.

Got everything to the side and out of the way. With the Toyo 37's and method NV's, it looks like I have 1/2" of clearance from the SVC arm. I can't believe that it took this long for not securing those lines to become an issue lol. Kinda felt like an idiot once I saw what the deal was