Arizona meet up-planning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uzzirider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet! Are you planning to do a side trip to Horseshoe Dam too? looking Foreword to the run.
I don't think Ryan's planning on that, but he can say for sure. It was interesting but not groundbreaking. The road is wider and more open, so you can go faster but it's somewhat less "interesting".
Crossing the Verde is really the reason to go back there and I'd bet it's still a bit high. I made it through the first crossing (which washed away an F150 on 33's that I had to rescue) but the second part was deeper and fast moving. Wasn't worth the risk IMO.

thearizonacowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think Ryan's planning on that, but he can say for sure. It was interesting but not groundbreaking. The road is wider and more open, so you can go faster but it's somewhat less "interesting".
Crossing the Verde is really the reason to go back there and I'd bet it's still a bit high. I made it through the first crossing (which washed away an F150 on 33's that I had to rescue) but the second part was deeper and fast moving. Wasn't worth the risk IMO.

Not for this trip but maybe in the future! I watched a sweet Land Cruiser get swept away while trying to cross... so definitely not trying that anytime soon.

I'm sending out an email to everyone tomorrow with a KMZ file showing the entire route, air down location, lunch, etc. :chewie:

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Include the frequency so we can program radios and tune the antennae and check comms.

Last edited: