GEN 2 Wastegate Actuator Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted a couple months ago about this. Below is a video I made showing the piece that actually does the rattling.

Sorry for the ****** footage. Using my phone and trying to prop it up. Still, the first part of the video clearly shows the source.

Normal? Not normal? No idea but is annoying as shit when the actuator opens.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Glo6FjjsvYo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
I posted a couple months ago about this. Below is a video I made showing the piece that actually does the rattling.

Sorry for the ****** footage. Using my phone and trying to prop it up. Still, the first part of the video clearly shows the source.

Normal? Not normal? No idea but is annoying as shit when the actuator opens.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Glo6FjjsvYo

It is not normal. This is part of the faulty design

OP
OP
M

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is not normal. This is part of the faulty design

Any idea on how to fix or secure these so that they cant flap around?

Its incredible to me that this likely impacts most Gen2 models and there isnt really anyone talking about our trucks rattling. I heard this on the first day I got the truck.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Look to the general 11-present f150 group. They will have solutions for all of these ecoboost problems that have popped up.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look to the general 11-present f150 group. They will have solutions for all of these ecoboost problems that have popped up.

You're the expert so why don't you tell him what the fix is instead of some vague statement!