Where to get a deal on a 2017 Raptor in central and northern CA?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I'm seriously looking to find a dealer that would be willing to eliminate charging the "Greedy" $10k-20K surcharge and to sell for MSRP or under(If possible)?

Does anyone here know of any central northern CA dealers who are making deals on 2017 Raptors as I have previously described? I'll appreciate any referrals?

Raptor Rob

Reaction score
I'm currently in the Market for a 17 Platinum LB. I've been to at least 7 different Dealers. Every Dealer I've been to thinks because I'm in a Raptor that I want a new one. So I ask how much for the New one? All of them are getting 15-20K over MSRP. My next question is do You actually sell them at that price? Their response is always an emphatic Yes!!

Most of them are out of their allotment for the Year already. One Dealer told me, they won't even let A person test drive one with out a approved completed loan application for 20k over.

Just crazy.

So I think it's going to be tough to find one in Ca for Msrp.

Edit: The good news is the Gen 1 guys in Northern Ca have great value in their Raptors. I got an offer on my 13 Srew with 31,*** miles of 48k without any hard nosed negotiation, but I declined.

Good luck in your search. The search is the fun part.

Last edited:

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Come on up to Eugene, Oregon. Kendal Ford doesn't have a market adjustment on their 2017s. Check them out on the internet.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my deal in Northern CA was found in Western Colorado

not kidding...

saved $28k by flying there and driving it home...

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where to get a deal? well...
If you're willing to put some work in... :Caffeine:
Maybe fly out and drive back?

I'd get on Raptorfinder.com and Click though the options to configure truck.
Click the "For Sale" button and look at the list that remains.

I cut that list and pasted it into a spread sheet.
Went on Autotrader and started looking the ads for the trucks on my list. Ads with "REAL" pictures tended to be trucks on the ground. I used the "save" feature to build a list there and Autotraders "email the dealer" for a quote feature to start the ball rolling.

Pretty quick you'll find out who really has the truck on the ground and who's just trolling for sales leads.

It's some work, but it saved me thousands over what the Cali dealers want and I got a truck just as I would have ordered it...

I didn't want to ship, so I looked places I figured I could fly out and drive back... Tx, NM, AZ, UT.

Good Hunting!
:biggrin:

Last edited:
OP
OP
B
Reaction score
my deal in Northern CA was found in Western Colorado

not kidding...

saved $28k by flying there and driving it home...

Questions:

1)Did your Colorado Raptor pass California emissions? If true did it automatically pass the required CA smog test or did any modifications need to be done to your truck to enable it to pass?

2)Did you check your under hood emissions label to see if there was a notation indicating that the truck would also be able to pass CA emissions testing? The CA DMV had information regarding bringing vehicles into CA from out of State which indicated that if this additional label information is there then you wouldn't have an emissions problem via not passing a CA smog test.

3)OTHER: Note: If anyone else has brought into CA a new 2017 Raptor from another State please indicate the State and if you had any trouble passing a CA smog test without needing modifications made to your truck....and could you look at your under hood label to see if the aforemention notation for your truck passing CA smog is shown on your underhood label? The reason I am asking this is to find out which States outside of CA where Raptors had been brought into CA legally and had not had any problems with these trucks passing a CA smog test nor had to have any modifications to their trucks to have enabled this? If what I'm saying here proves to be true then I could pick a State that is closest to CA and would drive there to purchase a Raptor because I refuse to pay the greedy added on $15K to $25k ridiculous fee!

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Questions:

1)Did your Colorado Raptor pass California emissions? If true did it automatically pass the required CA smog test or did any modifications need to be done to your truck to enable it to pass?

2)Did you check your under hood emissions label to see if there was a notation indicating that the truck would also be able to pass CA emissions testing? The CA DMV had information regarding bringing vehicles into CA from out of State which indicated that if this additional label information is there then you wouldn't have an emissions problem via not passing a CA smog test.

3)OTHER: Note: If anyone else has brought into CA a new 2017 Raptor from another State please indicate the State and if you had any trouble passing a CA smog test without needing modifications made to your truck....and could you look at your under hood label to see if the aforemention notation for your truck passing CA smog is shown on your underhood label? The reason I am asking this is to find out which States outside of CA where Raptors had been brought into CA legally and had not had any problems with these trucks passing a CA smog test nor had to have any modifications to their trucks to have enabled this? If what I'm saying here proves to be true then I could pick a State that is closest to CA and would drive there to purchase a Raptor because I refuse to pay the greedy added on $15K to $25k ridiculous fee!

1. Ordered the truck with CA emissions - specific line item. Also another item was that the truck was to be registered in CA but ordered from another state.

2. 50-state legal as per #1

3. Exactly why I ordered out of state, saved $28k [emoji1303]

You also have to weigh the vehicle and SMOG it even though it's new... dumb.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm seriously looking to find a dealer that would be willing to eliminate charging the "Greedy" $10k-20K surcharge and to sell for MSRP or under(If possible)?

Does anyone here know of any central northern CA dealers who are making deals on 2017 Raptors as I have previously described? I'll appreciate any referrals?

I'm currently in the Market for a 17 Platinum LB. I've been to at least 7 different Dealers. Every Dealer I've been to thinks because I'm in a Raptor that I want a new one. So I ask how much for the New one? All of them are getting 15-20K over MSRP. My next question is do You actually sell them at that price? Their response is always an emphatic Yes!!

Most of them are out of their allotment for the Year already. One Dealer told me, they won't even let A person test drive one with out a approved completed loan application for 20k over.

Raptor Rob, Morgan Hill can probably hook you up on the Platinum. My buddy just picked one up for $500 over invoice.

@bossraptor5246 like Raptor Rob said, most of the dealers in CA willing to do MSRP are out of allocations. I too use Morgan Hill and they won't even take a deposit on a 2018 Raptor form a repeat customer like myself.