Monument Valley

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone been? Worth the drive up from Phoenix? Any tips, advice? etc?

Been on my list for ages and this new truck gives me an excuse to drive up that way!

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We went through there on the way back from Colorado last summer. It was pretty cool, better than i thought it would be and you'll be right by Moab. Lots of good offroading there. May not be worth it by itself, but as art of a trip, its worth the drive through. Where are you coming from? We also went to the Grand Falls outside of Flagstaff last weekend. pretty cool and not far from Monument Valley.

Uzzirider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, Monument Valley is only worth going if you're passing through to somewhere else! Just like most of the stuff up there... mexican hat, 4 corners, etc.
Take a pic of your truck with the famous hwy 163 backdrop and keep rolling. It's beautiful, but pretty desolate and remote. Grand Falls is a good suggestion too.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
A few months after I bought my Raptor my wife and I visited Monument Valley on our way to Moab from CA. We had stopped in Flagstaff for the night before heading towards Monument Valley.

Well worth the drive and the views were awesome. We stayed at TheVeiw Hotel and it was very nice... this was the view from our room balcony,

IMG_0774_zpsla3pttwm.jpg

Awesome views of the Raptor, as you can see :)

IMG_3213_zpscyyfe9ex.jpg

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Coming from Scottsdale. Have a week off so thinking about hitting the Meteor Crater in Winslow, 4 Corners, Monument Valley, Moab, etc. Kind of a week long trip wherever it takes me.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

A few months after I bought my Raptor my wife and I visited Monument Valley on our way to Moab from CA. We had stopped in Flagstaff for the night before heading towards Monument Valley.

Well worth the drive and the views were awesome. We stayed at TheVeiw Hotel and it was very nice... this was the view from our room balcony,

IMG_0774_zpsla3pttwm.jpg

Awesome views of the Raptor, as you can see :)

IMG_3213_zpscyyfe9ex.jpg

Just getting a picture like this with my truck would be worth the drive!