Ugh.....Oil leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supertuner700

Reaction score
After Ford fixes the issue, I would demand that they completely degrease everything so there is not a spot of oil anywhere.

You really want someone spraying degreaser all over the bottom of your truck? Thats a great way to get the rust off to a good start. Leave the oil.....it slows down the rust unless your going to show the bottom of your truck, then thats a different story.

D

Deleted member 12951

You really want someone spraying degreaser all over the bottom of your truck? Thats a great way to get the rust off to a good start. Leave the oil.....it slows down the rust unless your going to show the bottom of your truck, then thats a different story.

Degrease it of motor oil then use AMSOIL HDMP.

AMH.jpg

OP
OP
shapiroeric

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly while it's an inconvenience it's not a huge deal....I'm sure the tech will wipe down the bottom of the truck of excess oil....when I do my oil change and it's up I'll clean it properly....In my book s*&t happens and I'm not gonna let myself get bent out of shape over this....

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some oil on mine but not a lot. Hoping its from when I changed the oil. Going to clean it up today and monitor.

Are there any TSB of any kind at all on the Gen2? I haven't seen anything yet, but I haven't looked either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine at the dealer yesterday. Slow oil leak in the same spot as everyone else. Dealer ordered new pan. No TSB but he did see some notes on it in the system.