Ugh.....Oil leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
shapiroeric

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My oil leak on my previous '17 @300 miles was the oil pan seal; my oil leak picture looks almost identical to yours. Sucks but I hope they get your issue resolved quickly and more importantly do the repair correctly the first time.

Yes much better pic and pretty much exactly how my pan looks.....

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Plastic oil pan. I work on BMW's, they have plastic transmission pans. seems they all leak after a few years, the plastic warps and sometimes cracks. Hope Ford makes a better pan than BMW.

Truck-in-Muck

Reaction score
Plastic oil pan. I work on BMW's, they have plastic transmission pans. seems they all leak after a few years, the plastic warps and sometimes cracks. Hope Ford makes a better pan than BMW.

I hope so, too! You think that his brand new transmission fluid pan warped or cracked so soon?

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Most likely not... it was probably not reinstalled properly after the truck was built, disassembled several times.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hope so, too! You think that his brand new transmission fluid pan warped or cracked so soon?

Actually its his oil pan. same deal though. with the transmission pans on bmw's they warp and crack with time and mileage. so if they do fail I would hope it would be later on down the road. im sure the op s dealer decided to replace both just to avoid a comeback.