2013-2014 Raptors Sync 2 -> Sync 3 Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Khilborn

Reaction score

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
$2000 !!!! no way in hell I rather buy an ADD rear bumper for that money. NO way Sergei....

There are more than a handful of people who are at the point where there are very little mods left unless they want to cut the truck in half and link it. Definitely not on my priority list, but the Sync 2 to Sync 3 conversion is on my list of things I would want done. Plan on keeping the truck for many many years and the clunky Sync 2 has got to go.

Think I read somewhere that you might be able to get one out of a wrecked 2016+ F150 and just use the mounting frame from your current truck. I got bored on weekend to see what it would take to do and while it was pretty involved as a DIY, it's definitely possible to do for far less than the $2000 listed.

Edit: Check google. There is a thread on another forum with a full write up for 2015 trucks w/ MFT to upgrade to Sync 3. While I'm sure there are a few different steps I would bet a lot of it is similar.

Hamm3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are more than a handful of people who are at the point where there are very little mods left unless they want to cut the truck in half and link it. Definitely not on my priority list, but the Sync 2 to Sync 3 conversion is on my list of things I would want done. Plan on keeping the truck for many many years and the clunky Sync 2 has got to go.

Think I read somewhere that you might be able to get one out of a wrecked 2016+ F150 and just use the mounting frame from your current truck. I got bored on weekend to see what it would take to do and while it was pretty involved as a DIY, it's definitely possible to do for far less than the $2000 listed.

Edit: Check google. There is a thread on another forum with a full write up for 2015 trucks w/ MFT to upgrade to Sync 3. While I'm sure there are a few different steps I would bet a lot of it is similar.

Personally, $500-700 is what I would be willing to pay for this upgrade. I really want it, but I'm the opposite of your first paragraph. My truck is more or less stock lol.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I wouldn't mind paying their asking. However it has to be completely plug&play without any hiccups/minor nuisances.

Anyone know out there how many people out there has this upgrade done?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk