The Tune by SVC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scantone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
V4

Just got the V4 tune and also installed Kooks headers and offroad y pipe. Tune fired right up and seems to idle great. Only have a few miles on it as of now but everything seems smooth so far.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

@svc with the V4 Tune do we still need to adjust the global spark table?

Ocbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what version my tune is on my 14. It was installed back in September. I have been having some shift lag and mpg issues and sent in questions regarding this to Jeff. I have not received a response and it's been a few weeks now. Would like to know what version I'm on also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sprman

Reaction score
Got my tune a month or so ago and after going back and forth with Jeff, we got it doing fairly well. Had an airaid installed but previous owner did the "mod" to the inlet of the housing and it was causing problems with the tune. No matter what SVC did, it kept throwing a code for too much air or not enough air. Put the stock intake housing back on and got another tune from them and so far all seems well.

Coming from the diesel world, the tune didn't add as much power as it really helps with the driveability. So far I'm happy with it. Wish i could have gotten the intake to work with the tune, as i liked the sound and even got an extra MPG with it on.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you install a K & N or S & B drop in filter?
According to flow bench test that gave the best results.
It's somewhere in this thread way back.

scantone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
V4

Been running V4 for the past week and loving it! Shifts are smooth, I really enjoy how it holds gears longer than stock which always felt like it was searching for the right gear. MPG I will say went up a bit but since I cant keep my foot off the floor (added headers, y pipe & exhaust with the tune) its currently suffering. When I first loaded the tune and took it for a drive it almost felt like it wanted to stall out at red lights (rpm dropped to about 400 rpm sometimes) but that seems to have worked it self out with continuing to drive the truck. I did end up pulling 2 degrees from the global spark table since I'm running 89 octane. Overall I'm happy with the tune.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free