GEN 2 iPhone mount on dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried CarPlay but for me, bluetooth does all I need. The CarPlay us kind of sucks.

SHAI HULUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 for Mob Armor. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and was using one of those cheap magnetic ball type mounts. Something about the way the phone charges (even when plugged in) the metal disc on the back of the phone would get so hot that I was afraid it wss going to catch fire, additionally the glue on the disc would melt and the phone would fall off the mount. Broke one screen that way. The Raptor is no place to skimp with a ****** magnetic mount. They just won't hold up. Go Mob Armor or check your man card! [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe this is a crazy idea, but why wouldn't you just plug your iPhone into the USB and run CarPlay on the main touch screen?

because WAZE kicks ass

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

+1 for Mob Armor. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and was using one of those cheap magnetic ball type mounts. Something about the way the phone charges (even when plugged in) the metal disc on the back of the phone would get so hot that I was afraid it wss going to catch fire, additionally the glue on the disc would melt and the phone would fall off the mount. Broke one screen that way. The Raptor is no place to skimp with a ****** magnetic mount. They just won't hold up. Go Mob Armor or check your man card! [emoji6]

Mob Armor MobNetic Magnetic Phone Mount

Magnetically attaches phone to mount
70° of tilt for optimal phone position
Many placement options for Mobnetic mount plates
Steel disc with 3M™ VHB™ adhesive to attach to dash
Do NOT use with Qi charging products/credit card phone cases

:crazy:

SHAI HULUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[quote name="SHAI HULUD" post=1123625]+1 for Mob Armor. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and was using one of those cheap magnetic ball type mounts. Something about the way the phone charges (even when plugged in) the metal disc on the back of the phone would get so hot that I was afraid it wss going to catch fire, additionally the glue on the disc would melt and the phone would fall off the mount. Broke one screen that way. The Raptor is no place to skimp with a ****** magnetic mount. They just won't hold up. Go Mob Armor or check your man card! [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk[/quote]

Mob Armor MobNetic Magnetic Phone Mount

Magnetically attaches phone to mount
70° of tilt for optimal phone position
Many placement options for Mobnetic mount plates
Steel disc with 3M™ VHB™ adhesive to attach to dash
Do NOT use with Qi charging products/credit card phone cases

:crazy:

I think you are misunderstanding how the Mob Armor Mobnetic mount works. With the mount you displayed in your original post, you actually have to physically attach the steel plate to your phone or case (trust me, I bought that same exact mount). With the Mob product there is nothing attached to the phone or case. The high power magnet and steel plate attaches to your dash and the mount itself sits about an inch and a half away via a rod and ball socket. Of course, there is no Qi charging with this mount but the charging port is easily accessed through the base of the cradle. Just trying to save someone else from making the same mistakes I made before going the Mob route. Wish I would have ponied up and done it right the first time...

Last edited:

SWB001

Reaction score
A metal disc with 3M sticky sticks to dash. A thin one also sticks to back of phone. The mobnetic mount has magnet that keeps it on dash and also holds phone. There is an extra disc to mount in another vehicle and also an extra thin one for another phone. Check out their website.

SHAI HULUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I miss spoke, I do not have the mobnetic mount. I have the Mob Armor Switch which holds your phone via a cradle. The cradle is what holds the phone. The ball and socket attach to the vehicle dash via a heavy duty magnetic. Like @SWB001 said, check their website. Sorry for the crappy photos. 88c48d743aad8c928a1ccae8766bb6a4.jpg
0d9f33b17441b57805fa88340f6061a7.jpg
299d92cac8dda4fffa04b08a65e5fcb7.jpg