2017 Raptor Ran [email protected]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I took my 2017 Ford Raptor Supercrew to sacramentoraceway 1/4 mile dragstrip yesterday and ran [email protected].

I know this is not a race car but this truck is not slow by any means. This truck is the complete package with the best all terrain capabilities and speed. This truck is bone stock.

Here is my video

https://youtu.be/v1E4LATbcWk

very nice! I'll have mine soon - I'm in Folsom ;)

OP
OP
R

Renocorvette

Reaction score
You will love it Toadster

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

It is really weird racing the Raptor with a 35" tire vs. my drag truck with a 28" skinny up front. Roll out is totally different. Really throws me off at NMRA because it's a pro tree, whereas my drag truck I normally race with a normal tree and shallow stage it for the best E/T. So shallow staging on a 28" skinny vs. deep staging on a 35" behemoth, it feels like I'm rolling into the beams foreverrrrr when I try to deep stage the Raptor vs. what I'm used to LOL!

Next time around try 2wd. Not sure if it was still launching in 4 with it in 4A, or how the auto mode splits the power, but the less losses you can have the better, so if the track is sticky, our trucks are so heavy and now ridiculous power, that 2wd will usually still hook fine, and should be quicker than 4 if you can get 2 to hook. I'd drop mine to 40 PSI and it wouldn't even chirp the tires (which cracks me up because normally I'd run my skinnies at 40psi and my slicks at 19 lol).

Also play around with launch RPM. Even though it's a turbo 6 like the GTR I have a feeling it will like a drastically different launch technique. Especially with how much gobs of torque the truck makes down low, and with the 10 speeds, a lower RPM launch may actually make a decent drop.

With the Gen 2 Lightnings (I know drastically different power plant s/c v8 vs tt v6, but they also made gobs of torque down low), on a stock converter launching them at idle actually yields the best 60' time. Kind of counter intuitive for a lot of folks that think high RPM = hard launch. Sometimes flashing the converter is like kicking the truck in the *** out of the hole. Now turbo will need some RPM to help spool so I don't think idle will be the ticket for the gen 2's, but who knows. All I'm saying is it'd be really interesting to get some data to compare....1k RPM, 1.5k RPM, 2k RPM, 2.5k RPM, etc. and see what takes the cake.

See my last post, I know it's long but it's detailed in info. Gen 1's were pretty consistent around 15.2-15.4 bone stock. 14.8-15.0 with an intake & tune.

I did try it in 2wd mode and it only spun hard. Too much power for 2wd mode with all terrain tires. I also suppose the weight distribution is more weight towards the front axles.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will love it Toadster

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

I did try it in 2wd mode and it only spun hard. Too much power for 2wd mode with all terrain tires. I also suppose the weight distribution is more weight towards the front axles.

What PSI were your tires at? I would get some spinning if they were at 45-50 like I normally run them, but down to 40 psi on a well prepped track they hooked fine, and less drag on the overall system than being in 4wd the whole time. Crappy prep/test & tune prep may even need to drop a few lbs more.

Weight dist is definitely front heavy, but these aren't all that terrible being a crew cab with a midget bed, and I thought Ford was more conscious on our trucks trying to keep a more centered weight than the regular f150's just for the air time to keep them from nose diving as much lol.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were you in sport mode and then selected 4A? Is that even possible? I havent tried that.. I would think that if you weren't in sport mode then I suspect you were leaving some power on the table..

OP
OP
R

Renocorvette

Reaction score
On my 2013 Raptor the best 60 FT I ever got on rwd mode was 2.3 even with a good burnout and lower tire pressure.

You can use sport mode and 4A at the same time. First put in sport mode and then in 4A

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On my 2013 Raptor the best 60 FT I ever got on rwd mode was 2.3 even with a good burnout and lower tire pressure.

You can use sport mode and 4A at the same time. First put in sport mode and then in 4A

Mine is pretty consistent 2.31 sixty's with 15.0's with the intake/tune and full weight when fully warmed up. I never do a burnout with the Raptor though. I drive around the water box and pull right up. Between the softer offroad compound (factory tires) and the weight of the truck and a sticky track, I've never needed to.

All 3 passes back to back to back after the 30 mile cruise (NMRA true street), full weight, intake & tune
2.319 - 15.000 @ 92.58 (2:48 PM)
2.315 - 15.131 @ 91.33 (3:07 PM)
2.310 - 15.032 @ 92.21 (3:24 PM)

With a cool down same day same combo
2.240 - 14.901 @ 92.45

Ironically enough my best 60' was before the tune & intake, but all the extra weight out (spare, bedmat, bed extender, toolbox, etc.). Goes to show that a tune & intake isn't really worth all that much performance gain on a N/A.
2.223 - 14.932 @ 91.30