Paint protection...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrumReaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any precut clear film protection kits available for the Gen2?

bronco

Reaction score
Xpel makes a kit. I got it installed on mine. Mirror caps, rocker panels, front bumper, head light surrounds, top part of tailgate and hood (up to my stickers).

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The XPEL kits are really really nice. Very well cut. I bought one through XPEL a number of years ago for a truck to do myself but I could have just had the XPEL dealer do it for the same price and I wouldn't have had to mess with it. Check with your dealer first and see what they would charge to do it. Might be cheaper even through your local XPEL guys.

OP
OP
D

DrumReaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys! I already got a rock chip and I'm pissed at myself for not doing it earlier.

Now to get some Avalanche touch-up paint.

1Wolf

Reaction score
I'd never heard of anything like this so after I read this thread I went to the website and checked it out. I was researching options to protect the finish on a new raptor and was looking at things like Opti-coat and such that I'd read people discuss here. But this Xpel concept is new to me. It looks really cool if it doesn't end up looking like a shrinky-**** or all plasticy.

It looks like they offer a "Stealth" kit that they claim actually alters the finish and implies it gives it a "Matte" finish. Their photos look promising. I've always loved a black vehicle with a matte/satin finish but only Shadow Black was offered on the Raptor.

Anyone have any experience with those Stealth kits? I'm wondering if it truly creates a nice matte finish or if it would look strange.

From this Youtube video it seems it might look really nice:

Xpel Stealth over a Gloss Black Audi

Last edited: