South Dakota Black Hills Raptor Run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
better than? what did you run previously.

Duratracs are pretty damn soft and have a pretty thin sidewall. What load range are the ones you have?

They're D. 2017 Raptors have C KO2s but I know you can get E. I debated both but based on many reviews and overall winter, summer, off-road, mud, dry, ice, deep snow and so on, I felt the Duratrac would be better for my area. Lost all faith in the flats with the original KOs. Time to try something else I heard so many rave about. We shall see.

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love my duratracs I have now for winter. Mine are studded. They kinda suck in deep snow TBH. and I'd never personally run them in summer but tires in my size are load range C. Duratracs in load range C have a 2 ply sidewall and it's super easy to cut through with a branch or barely sharp rock. and I like spinning tires on gravel so tires get chewed up super quick if they're a soft compound like duratracs.

Not sure what the sidewall is like on the D range 17" but I would imagine at least 3. Probably better. Hopefully they work out for ya! Everyone experiences tires differently as everyone uses them differently.

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you have the k2o mixed up with the duratracs

nope. the K02 are pretty soft too, but at least their sidewall is a bit better.

I've had both, actually still have the duratracs on my truck till the ice is all gone. I'd never run duratracs in summer, just don't work at all for my driving style. Even my brother has sliced sidewalls and he has a 2wd chevy lol.