Post all your 2017 rap problems here please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my now truck for 2 months and I'm disgusted with the quailiy control. When I picked it up it was dark so I could not see issues. I have still not had the opportunity to wax the truck yet because of paint issues and since I'm getting it coated this week so I'm not going to bother.

Scratches/swirl marks all over truck and graphics on delivery:Kinda fixed. Had entire truck buffed on Ford's dime but a few scratches would not come out. Having the truck coated this week and they said they can fix it prior to coating

Hood graphics/door molding scratches on delivery: replaced, but took 6 weeks for the hood graphics to come in, so it could not be buffed until then.

Front bumper crooked: Fixed

Tailgate handle crooked: Fixed

Rust on bottom: Fixed

Center console not put on right. 1/2 gap on one side: Ford replacing

Rear side fender a little loose: Ford fixing

Stealing wheel stitching coming undone: Ford replacing steering wheel

Overall, I love the truck, but at time have wished I kept my old vechile and avoided this shit show. Hopefully everything will be 100% in a coiple of weeks

:win:

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that sucks! Hope my truck arrives in better shape!

It's extremely frustrating. I just hope the last few scratches can be fixed at the coating shop. It will kill me seeing them everytime I look if they can't be fixed without repainting parts. And then have to pay to have those pieces re-coated. I could see some of these issues from a 1 yr old vechile you buy used, but none of these problems should never ever be on a brand new $70K truck that comes straight from the manufacture.

The truck runs fantastic. That's the only reason I have not retuned it yet. All the issues are cosmetic, but waiting a few months after taking delivery to be 100% is a **** punch

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Corey, you’ve definitely seen some problems, and not to minimize your concerns, but at least your trans didn’t cr@p a brick on the ride home like some other guys here. It does sound like they’re making it right but don’t get frustrated or wrapped up over stuff like this, it’s not worth your health.

Agree 100%, QC issues like yours should have been caught well before shipping. Make Ford and Ford Performance aware. Do it constructively. 03Darin made some suggestions on the forum in other posts on how to get your voice heard about stuff like this.

I almost ran out of daylight when I went to pick up my truck; I’m in NoVA and had to ride I66 west to pick up my truck so I took half a day off, figuring, heck, if I hit 66 before 3:00PM, I’m golden.

No. at 2:30 PM there were - this is apparently unique to northern Virginia’s pi$$ poor drivers - “Sun delays”. I had the dealer expecting me, and I managed to get there but with less time than I wanted. I had a gaggle of onlookers around the truck the moment I arrived. I started snapping pictures and looking immediately, did the test drive, came back from the test drive and it was dusk. I just had enough time to go over the paint interior, and underneath.

You’re spending this much, take the time to do it right and go over everything. I have bought new vehicles before - 6 previous. One of them I actually missed a ‘curbed’ wheel. They made it right but ever since I’ve been a stickler at pickup. Even so, my truck’s wifi is non-functional. it can’t connect to any wifi. sees it, but won’t connect. Even the almighty Starbucks Wifi, which I believe is the official wifi of the Raptor. :biggrin:

Anyway, there’s a lot to the truck so it pays to be thorough.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dyno

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

There are a few on these forums. Read up and do your homework.

Sasquatch77, you are a very rare piece of work! There has only been one engine swapped out reported on this site and it had failed, no where in the write up or comments was it ever started and proved to be the wrong motor. Now if you where a man of truth you would always link the scorce of your info and you could sit back and laugh at all of use that own a Gen2 Raptor and Love them. Put being a Man of no truths, it is hard for you to tell the truth, way easier to just say something bad about something and run hide for a few days and then come back and start up another new one, say like the V8 option on the late 17's, or the brighter tail lights, or the factory pre drilled weep holes. To put a end to this is to have "Fact" based info on the Gen2 and not three year old weep holes. You make me laugh every time I see a comment from you. How is your Gen 2 doing? At least if you had one and it was as needed up as you claim all of them are you could post photos and have proof. I have had mine for 8 weeks and am very happy with it! How do fill about yours?