No boost from supercharger.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burnssj83

Reaction score
I have a roush supercharger and It used to be instant boost when I would take off in the morning but now I have no boost unitil it warms up for a few minutes. I pulled the charger and install a new bypass valve actuator and the same thing is still happening. I had a issue with my battery going dead over and over again and after I finally got that figured out multiple shop visit so no one could figure it out. It was my pigtail at my trailer lights were shorting out. Now I'm having this issue and I don't know if it's messed up the computer or what but it doesn't seem like it could have anything to do with the supercharger boost? Has anyone ever had this problem with not having any boost until the vehicle is warmed up in the morning . After it is warmed up it runs perfectly normal until it sits for about five hours and then the cycle of not having any booze starts again.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any error codes from a OBDII scanner?

I can only think of one thing, the Tranny has thermostat that will prevent 100% torque until the tranny hits 175 degrees. Could be an issue with that being stuck or faulty.

OP
OP
B

burnssj83

Reaction score
It does shift weird until I start seeing the boost. I was just thinking that the computer was confused because it is tuned for boost? I'll look into this. It has died twice when I have pulled up to a stop light also. Maybe my transmission fluid is low I'll check. I was also thinking maybe the throttle body had something to do with it because the line to the boost actuator is right behind the throttle body?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Without readings from a scanner and a data Log, it's really hard to make a judgment on what is going on.
You may have to find a Tuning shop or Ford Dealer that has done a few Roush Raptors or knowledge of them at best.

OP
OP
B

burnssj83

Reaction score
Unfortunately there are not any shops here like that. Do you know if I can unhook the lower vacuum line to bypass actuator that goes to the air intake to put less pressure on the bypass valve?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These are questions that you need to ask Roush.

I do know that Whipple sometimes will use different spring strengths for the bypass valve.
But those are modified setups beyond the Whipple's recommendations.