Mxer's Mild DD Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mxer683

Reaction score
Hey everyone! New to the forum and wanted to start a thread to follow some of the build details. The scope of this build is a little different from much of what I have seen while looking through the forum but im excited for it. Since it will be primarily used for day to day stuff, I wont be building a crazy off road machine but rather something that will be fun on the street with little compromise to its original off-road ability.

2014 SCREW SE

Performance:
Procharger D1SC
3.55" Pulley
AEM Dryflow Filter/Prefilter
AEM Water Methanol Injection
Custom Crankcase Ventilation Setup
-Moroso Large Body Air Oil Separator
-Vibrant E-Vac Scavenger
-All -10 AN Fittings and Hose
Bassani Catless Y Pipe
Diamondeye Stainless Turndown Exhaust
NGK-6510 Plugs
Tuned by JDM Engineering/SCT X4

Exterior/Interior:
Color Matched Bumpers
Color Matched Fender Flares
Pinch Weld Mod
DeeZee Tailgate Assist
AEM Failsafe Wideband/Boost Gauge
Built Right Seat latches

Supension/Wheels/Tires:
Top Perch
Method Con6 Bronze 20x9 +18
Cooper STT Pro 37x13.5

Lighting:
LED Pod Fog Lights
40" LED bar behind grill

February 2nd 2017 I purchased this 2014 SE with 8k miles. Completely stock and no different than the day the old man took it off the showroom floor.

NFL8Eag.jpg

About a month before I found the truck I came across a crazy deal on Racingjunk and purchased a Procharger kit for a truck I still hadn't found haha. So after a week of N/A power I had to do something.

7XbeawE.jpg
wQpSzOy.jpg

And March 5th my wheels and tires arrived. Also moved to top perch.

9vFzHHd.jpg

Update 4/1!
Went out and actually used the truck for what it was intended on a weekend excursion. Really good time but had a couple of mishaps, ripped the intake coupler and slashed up on of the tires a bit.

EgAWfcj.jpg
4i68dpX.jpg
tBX19eM.jpg
oaeHsjT.jpg

So in replacing the intake I decided to upgrade from the previous K&N filter setup.

mfVAJHA.jpg

And after the tire issue decided to trim the pinch weld back a hair for insurance.

CjlrNSl.jpg
6WeOFfM.jpg
IC9dAGS.jpg

My Built Right rear seat latch straps came in so I got those installed and made a little tie down setup for the B&W Tow and Stow

2f5A13F.jpg
m99KQG6.jpg

I had been planning on painting some stuff for awhile but time didnt permit until recently, so the flares and bumpers got paint matched

UDcX1AE.jpg
n9i1Hfm.jpg
JMwAFJ7.jpg

Update 4/14:

Added the DeeZee tailgate assist, definitely a pretty nifty accessory.

iCpFS2Y.jpg

Also spent the week trying to dial in the alignment to my liking, will get a chance to test it out at the AZ Raptor Run on the 30th!

Update 5/6/18:

Its been a while and I definitely let this thread go but here are some updates.

At some point I installed the 40" no name light bar behind the grill, it was an extremely tight fit with the intercooler back there but it fits. Also installed some led fogs.

SHUakLG.jpg

Had a blast at the Racin to the Basin Run last year, unfortunately work has not permitted joining in on any of the other runs but I am hopeful that will change soon haha

AnTGNKL.jpg

My quest for more power didn't stop with the stock procharger kit. After pulleying down a couple times I landed on the 3.55" which produces just shy of 12psi on average. With the added airflow the maf pegged out so it was relocated to the intercooler end tank. In order to make up for crappy az gas I installed an AEM Water **** kit, this was quite the project and I dont currently have any pictures but will try to update with some soon.

I have been out of state for 3 months now and without my truck :whymewhyme: so the raptor has been tucked away in my dads garage next to his terminator

ha1cGmw.jpg

In my infinite boredom here in OKC I talked my dad into installing some parts that have been on the backburner. So he went ahead and installed a Bassani catless Y Pipe, a super sweet crankcase ventilation setup, and some new ngk plugs.

1ms6vMa.jpg
zULfD8p.jpg
gXwez94.jpg
xMr9JLb.jpg

The previous setup was a breather tank mounted on the frame rail vented to atmosphere with both valvecovers running to it. The issue here was that in cool weather water vapor would condense in the lines and fill the breather tank with water. In addition with the pcv no longer an option I wanted to find a way to clear blowby from the crankcase. My solution is an exhaust scavenger. The passenger side vc is first routed through a moroso separator then into the exhaust, the driver vc runs into the end of the filter, all tied together nicely with -10an everything. The adapters for the valvecovers were advertised as coyote 5.0 fittings but work perfectly.

FHShTQS.jpg

I spent A LOT of time trying to get the tune dialed in. First I worked extensively with Unleashed tuning and though he was able to get great power out of the truck driveability was always lacking and offroad mode was mostly useless. Finally I went to Jim at JDM and he assured me we could do better. I can't say enough about how well their tune drives, it is incredibly smooth and allows complete use of offroad mode. Only thing was the tune was rather conservative, after some talking I was able to get some more timing thrown in there and I am satisfied with where we ended up.

Here's a couple more pictures from the last year.

bVKdM72.jpg
tsFhiHc.jpg
dsuppu9.jpg
5ECQUgZ.jpg

Plenty more to come so stay tuned!

Last edited:

hogwash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheels do look sweet. Makes me wish I'd gone bronze on my black truck!

(Procharger isn't bad either)

OP
OP
M

mxer683

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, Im currently still working on tuning but it is definitely really fun to drive. One thing I really wouldnt recommend to anyone is the procharger, at least in a D1. If you were going for big numbers with an F1 or something it would make more sense. In the process of installing some lights and will have pics up soon!