Bearing Spinning Type Noise HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhickeynv

Reaction score
I have a 2011 stock 6.2L Raptor and it started making a noise that sounds like a main bearing spinning when you are moving and its got a load on the engine in the lower RPM band. It happens when it is "lugging" in any gear. If it is in park you can rev up the engine everything is normal. We have had it on the lift and "brake standed" it (really unsafe) and nothing. Ive taken it to 3 very good shops, including a very good transmission shop, here in Denver and they all give up. It stumps them so much that they dont even try to charge a diagnostics fee or anything. I was just hoping maybe if I posted it on the forum, maybe someone has already been through this. I realize it is a long shot but it is worth the keystrokes. Thanks in advance for your time.

Hickey

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the sound of a bad bearing in mine @85k miles on my 13.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe torque converter, but you would think a tranny shop could find that.
Was thinking also that are you sure it isn't your iwe making noise?

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The IWE has a very particular sound to it. I had my vaccum lines mess up a while ago. I'll try to get a video of mine.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Josh

Reaction score
I have a 2011 stock 6.2L Raptor and it started making a noise that sounds like a main bearing spinning when you are moving and its got a load on the engine in the lower RPM band. It happens when it is "lugging" in any gear. If it is in park you can rev up the engine everything is normal. We have had it on the lift and "brake standed" it (really unsafe) and nothing. Ive taken it to 3 very good shops, including a very good transmission shop, here in Denver and they all give up. It stumps them so much that they dont even try to charge a diagnostics fee or anything. I was just hoping maybe if I posted it on the forum, maybe someone has already been through this. I realize it is a long shot but it is worth the keystrokes. Thanks in advance for your time.

Hickey

My 2010/6.2 has the same exact noise. When you don't have your foot on the gas peddle there is no out of the ordinary noise but, when you hit the gas there is a droning/whining noise that seems to be coming from the transmission area vs the engine. jhickeynv, did you ever figure it out or get it fixed?

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2010/6.2 has the same exact noise. When you don't have your foot on the gas peddle there is no out of the ordinary noise but, when you hit the gas there is a droning/whining noise that seems to be coming from the transmission area vs the engine. jhickeynv, did you ever figure it out or get it fixed?

Bump from the dead. This is exactly the symptom I have. Has anyone figured it out? Took me 4 years to get back into a Gen 1 and now dealing with this

Last edited: