Tailgate Applique Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want the applique also but don't have it (i did not originally order the truck). I may just make my own out of carbon fiber if I can't find someone to swap with my blue one.

bdubs

Reaction score
I want the applique also but don't have it (i did not originally order the truck). I may just make my own out of carbon fiber if I can't find someone to swap with my blue one.

The appliqué from Ford is a little over $700 not including installation. The color is called "magnetic". I spoke with someone who ordered it and installed it. He used double sided tape and epoxy.

I want it but I don't think I want it bad enough to pay $700 for it.

Definitely still interested in trading someone with a black truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The appliqué from Ford is a little over $700 not including installation. The color is called "magnetic". I spoke with someone who ordered it and installed it. He used double sided tape and epoxy.

I want it but I don't think I want it bad enough to pay $700 for it.

Definitely still interested in trading someone with a black truck!

Interesting.. I was under the impression that the entire tailgate was different for the applique version. Do you happen to have a part number for the piece from Ford?

bdubs

Reaction score
Interesting.. I was under the impression that the entire tailgate was different for the applique version. Do you happen to have a part number for the piece from Ford?

I'm pretty sure you're right. Based on reading through previous threads there are tabs on the back of the appliqué that would need to be cut off. When I spoke to the gentleman who did his own install he didn't mention the tabs one way or another.

I don't have a part number. The way he found it, I was able to find it this way as well, was by using a VIN from a raptor that has the appliqué option from the factory. Then Ford was able to pull up the part.

WSUCougar12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to swap non applique' LB tailgate to applique LB tailgate

This is my first post on here and I had an order in with a dealer in NC, but after over 2 months without a VIN or build date another dealer rep I had been speaking with told me they had my exact same build (802A, Tech Package, Twin moonroof, aluminum wheels, tailgate step, bedliner) minus the tailgate applique. Long story short, I bought the truck that was in stock but I'd really like the tailgate applique' in lightning blue. If anyone close enough to Raleigh/Durham wants to swap, let me know, I'll pay the cost of the applique and can negotiate other compensation.