Ecoboost Baja Truck on General Tires...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watched the NBC Baja 1000 special tonight and noticed that the ecoboost F150 had a slight change from the press shots....

Press:

2011_ford_f150_ecoboost_desert_racer_images_main.jpg

Race:

0899_DSC_0006.jpg

Weird huh?... Y'all think that BFGoodrich and Ford had a falling out, that General just threw sacks of money at Ford, or that General has come out with a better product?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
All their Raptors at SEMA and the ones they used to chase the Baja had Generals too. Bet General threw sacks of money at Ford to put them on the Raptors and race trucks. Ford is still using the BFG AT's for standard equip on the '11 Raptors.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think AII racing said something about that at the SEMA show that General paid for the space so they had to run Generals... I think it was the "hooning" thread.

Sounds like a sponsorship deal... General probably is willing to pay a pretty penny to have their tires on the Raptor. I can't think of another off road truck that would be a better choice for advertising purposes.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Plus with the red lettering tu can see them from a mile away...think I may get some if I can ever et these Nittos to wear out..

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
I think AII racing said something about that at the SEMA show that General paid for the space so they had to run Generals... I think it was the "hooning" thread.

Sounds like a sponsorship deal... General probably is willing to pay a pretty penny to have their tires on the Raptor. I can't think of another off road truck that would be a better choice for advertising purposes.
If I was running the 1K I would go with BFG just for there pit support.
The other thing that might have happed was Ford used the BFG's for there media, Mike McCarthy may have an on going tire deal with GT that he has to stick with

I believe that AII also said that Greg Foutz said the Raptors at SEMA were much better with the Generals then with the BFGs
He seemed to like them a lot.
I have run many set's of BFG's over the years and will continue to run them, I just happened to come up on a deal for my GT's and couldn't pass it up

Nice little GT advertisement
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sRmoV_tco0&feature=player_embedded

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I was racing, BFG always treated me well. Tons of trackside support (including free custom grooving) as well as just good service and freebies here and there. Other manufacturers wouldn't even talk to you unless you were one of the high $$$ teams.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Greg had his own Raptor at the Roundup here and it's on Grabbers. I've always been a big fan of BFG and had always planned on staying with them but, I really like these new Grabbers and may give them a shot.

ktm505sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you get the gt grabber for the raptor in 37" or do they only makes them 35x12.5.