Raptor 2017 oil leak first week!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jms4993

Reaction score
I was obtaining about 15 to 17 mpg the first week then I found an oil leak.

Parts 9-T516, T515; 6 L-625 ( tube to turbo, drain tube, inline filter)have been UPGRADED and backordered by Ford. No info from dealership can be obtained from Ford as to when the UPGRADED parts will be available. It is now going on 3 days with no accurate timeline for parts arrival and placement.

Ford Regional Customer Service Manager called to introduce herself. She says she has access to section of Ford that makes these parts but has as of yet not called them. She will call me tomorrow.

My Raptor is sitting at the dealership. The term UPGRADED suggests FORD was aware of the issue. I am disgusted with Ford, as the owner of the dealership cannot obtain the timeline of arrival of these parts. He offered, but found he is not allowed to remove these parts from an existing unsold new 2017 Raptor sitting at the dealership and use these for my Raptor.

Last edited:

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was obtaining about 15 to 17 mpg the first week then I found an oil leak.

Parts 9-T516, T515; 6 L-625 ( tube to turbo, drain tube, inline filter)have been UPGRADED and backordered by Ford. No info form dealership can be obtained from Ford as to wet the UPGRADED parts will be available. It is now going on 3 days with no accurate timeline for parts arrival and placement.

Ford Regional Customer Service Manager called to introduce herself. She says she has access to section of Ford that makes these parts but has as of yet not called them. She will call me tomorrow.

My Raptor is sitting at the dealership. The term UPGRADED suggests FORD was aware of the issue. I am disgusted with Ford, as the owner of the dealership cannot obtain the timeline of arrival of these parts. He offered, but found he is not allowed to remove these parts from an existing unsold new 2017 Raptor sitting at the dealership and use these for my Raptor.

Sorry to hear all of that! I'm not removing a part, that's been upgraded, from another truck and putting it on yours would be a solid fix.

Hope it gets worked out quick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jms4993

Reaction score
I do not know when this truck was built at this time. I understand waiting for the new part is exasperating versus removing the same parts from a new Raptor that may have non-upgraded parts is not a good idea.

I have finished venting for now and sit and wait. ):

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do the GEN2s have SVT on the emblem? I'm asking this because I think I remember reading that SVT was disbanded during the break between the GEN1s and Gen2s. It's one thing after another with the GEN2s, it seems, and perhaps the non-involvement of SVT is a factor.

OP
OP
J

jms4993

Reaction score
Answers to questions:

1. With cruise control set for 75 mph my Raptor obtains about 18 mpg; at 70 mph it obtains closer to 19. In town near 15 mpg.
2. My Raptor was made in 1/2017.
3. It took lots of calls and Fed Ex Shipment over night to the dealer and 5 days from Monday to late Friday to get the Raptor back. For a couple of days Ford could not say when the part would be available.
4. It does appear the leak is fixed. No leak found after driving lots since late Friday to this am.
5. Parts replaced are as follows per work invoice:
a. 7652661 Oil Dye ( used for testing after placement)
b. HL3Z*9T516*A Tube ASY
c. BL3Z*6L625*D Oil Cooler and Filter ASY
d. *W716088*S900 Bolt
e. *W715565*S450 Bolt

My dealer was on top of things trying to obtain the updated tube assembly. They had the other parts ready to replace. The tube assembly could not be removed from another new Raptor and placed on mine per Ford manual. It is considered a disposable part once removed. I hope this fix is complete. I will update this if not.