Right Front suspension noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdubub

#AllRaptorsMatter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All bolts on mine were torqued properly, all seals, bushings, tie rods, shafts etc. were all in perfect condition up front and finally bit the bullet and ordered Icon coilovers. It is now silent and tight (The way I like my women) up front the way it should always be. Expensive fix, but it fixed mine and I'm happy as hell. Enjoyable to drive again.

OP
OP
C

Chevmn56

Reaction score
OK so the icon shocks fixed the problem. . Just paid 900 to. Have the Foxes rebuilt............ Front and rear icons about 6k wow.......... Now some one said lower control arms. . . All new arms from Ford 1k or about the same aftermarket.......... Wish there was a way to. Pinpoint it instead of shotgun in it and spending tons of money. . . . Which one do I try? . . . Maybe I'll just buy some Frickin ear plugs and drive it........ Wow not sure which avenue to take. .

jdubub

#AllRaptorsMatter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your noise is in the front you can gamble $2,300 for Icons in the front only, or gamble $1,000 for lower control arms. Icons up front fixed mine and it's fun again. I never thought it was my lower control arms. Something is just up with the foxes, and it has nothing to do with internal fluids or valving. This is why guys that have the issue before a rebuild still have it after the rebuild. Luck of the draw.

OP
OP
C

Chevmn56

Reaction score
Yeah I guess....... Why not Kings? And I hear ya on putting g only the fronts but I'm a little OCD I'd have to do the backs

jdubub

#AllRaptorsMatter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with kings. I just went Icon because I heard they were silent. Kings are known to have a valve noise. I just decided on Icon so I wasn't trading one noise for a different noise. I am like that as well, that's why I'm changing the rears to Icon soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Chevmn56

Reaction score
Lol cool good to k ow I'm not alone icons it is. . I'll let you know if it works. . . . It may be a little bit I have a turkey hunt coming up I have to get ready for........

jps1145

Reaction score
Has anyone just replaced the strut caps? I hear the same noise in my '14. I only have 40k mostly street miles. I can't believe it is the upper or lower ball joints or bushings. If most guys that change out the shocks/springs with an aftermarket brand and the noise goes away, it isn't the UCA's or LCA's. I have a very hard time believing it is in the shocks. My noise is mechanical. I'm leaning toward the caps, just haven't pulled them apart yet.

Chinmasterflex

Reaction score
I had replaced mine during a shock rebuild. I had been told by others on this forum prior to changing them that they hold up well and would likely not need to be replaced. After removal and replacing them anyway I would tend to agree that it was probably not needed at all. Rebuilt at 60k miles, truck appears to have seen mostly or exclusively street use prior to taking ownership recently.

2baddogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rattle in the RF hub.

I have FOX 3.0's and all is tight. The rattle sound is distinct and is not the Fox valve clunk/click that is common. Sounds like a heat shield rattle but its not all the time... bumps compressing suspension do not make the noise occur, small road imperfections can trigger it but not consistently.

I can always duplicate with a low speed hard left turn. Went out last night and had the wife drive about 15mph by me while making a hard left. Definitely coming from the RF hub area. Noticed it for the first time a week ago (2014 w 45k mi with about 5-600 off road miles) and it has gotten slightly louder and more frequent in the last week.

No noise in 4x or reversing.

It was recommended to me to install the RCV/IWE eliminater kit for the solution.

RCV Ultimate IWE Eliminator Set for Ford Raptor ('10 & Up) & F-150 ('04 & Up)

My plan is to pull the wheel off and check all bolts and to inspect vaccuum line. Not sure what to do if that is all good...go with the suggestion above, I suppose. I will update the thread if I find anything.

*** Just found this thread and this makes the most sense for my problem, hope it helps someone else. Shout out to OP @Mil T!

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f170/weak-vacuum-line-grinding-noise-fix-24281/

Last edited: