Tailgate Applique Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why can't @Designs N Signs print you a rear sticker to add to the tail gate? There are options for making it embossed as well. I think it would not look that bad and it would be more affordable.

@Yukon Joe + @RaptorWifey = :baby: :baby: :baby:
2012 Night Raptor wrap SCREW RPG Stage 4+
2014 Ruby Red SCAB

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

max_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder why they won't add it as an option for you,do you know?

Due to the small market share Ford ME pre-specs the cars. The current options are either fully loaded or base.

I'll have a black one in a few weeks. Live in CO. Would gladly swap if you pay shipping

I live in another continent, wont be getting my car until March and looking for AG

NO LIMIT

Reaction score
In Canada the Tailgate Applique is a standard feature, no option to remove...I wasn't going to get it when I ordered in July as the dealer thought is was standard if you ordered the box decals. Later a Canada Standard features sheet came out and it shows as a standard feature on all Canadian trucks...so no choice it comes with it...luckly it has started to grow on me lol
Might black it out like I do with the Fender Flares and Bumpers on all my Raptors

OP
OP
M

max_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bringing this back from the dead

Turns out a swap is practically impossible due to the fact that I have to ship my tailgate across the Atlantic and the costs are huge

My only option is to buy a tailgate, paint it, transfer all the options, install the Applique and install it on my car

My only problem is that I need the Applique part number, forparts.com has multiple part numbers with no description

I need help finding the correct part number

bdubs

Reaction score
Bringing this back from the dead

Turns out a swap is practically impossible due to the fact that I have to ship my tailgate across the Atlantic and the costs are huge

My only option is to buy a tailgate, paint it, transfer all the options, install the Applique and install it on my car

My only problem is that I need the Applique part number, forparts.com has multiple part numbers with no description

I need help finding the correct part number

I've been working on this as well. There was one person on here that was looking for someone to trade their appliqué tailgate for a non appliqué tailgate but he hasn't responded to any of my attempts to contact him.

I have my dealership working on finding the part for me. As soon as I hear something I'll report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
M

max_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been working on this as well. There was one person on here that was looking for someone to trade their appliqué tailgate for a non appliqué tailgate but he hasn't responded to any of my attempts to contact him.

I have my dealership working on finding the part for me. As soon as I hear something I'll report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I believe this is the correct part

2017 Ford F-150 Applique | FordParts.com

I got a vin of a car that has a tailgate appliqué

thetasigma1186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dealer also thought the applique came with the rear graphics package. I really want the rear applique...SO, is anyone interested in a trade? I am sure it'll be a pain in the butt and have to be a perfect storm to make it work, but worth a shot!

I have a Lightning Blue with step and a spray in bed liner. I am in SW MO.

Thanks!

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the reason I did not look at trucks with the applique....Did not want it.....It's probably a fairly easy fix.....order the rear alum plain panel, have a body shp swap it out and paint it....just pretend someone damaged the applique panel and you needed a new one....everything comes apart and goes back together.....I'm certain it won't be cheap though....