GEN2 Baja Designs Fog Pocket Kit - Group Buy!

• Thread starter Rick@FreedomMotorsports
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Looking for interested individuals that would like to get on our list when Baja Designs finally has the complete kits for your GEN2 raptors. If anyone has been following what they have been designing, it would appear that you could just buy their fog pocket bracket kit and use any lights. From what I understand, the brackets will ONLY be sold in a complete kit now.

The kits will include all the lights (3 pairs), the brackets and wire harness. Basically a plug n' play kit with everything you need. They are working out pricing and how the wire harness will be done, as you have seen they are currently showing options and asking for opinions. We anticipate that these kits will be ready in a couple weeks.

There will be a Sportsman, Pro and Unlimited kits. I do not have pricing or how customized you can make it. We are not invoicing nor are we asking you to put any money down. All we are looking for who is interested to generate a pre-list to let Baja Designs know how many potential customer we have as buyers. Those individuals will be some of the first to get these kits and we will be providing an FRF discount to all interested parties with the best possible price we can.

Please respond in the thread who is interested and I will start making the list.

32866209776_99ab88757d_b.jpg

Breaking news from Baja Designs:
Fog Pocket Kit: ETA 3/13/17 (First batch sold out, next batch 3/27/17)
These kits include lights, mounts, and Raptor specific wiring.
We offer these in 3 performance packages based on user needs and driving style. "Sportsmen, Pro, and Unlimited"

Sportsmen - $999.95 Retail (SKU: 447564) - ASK ABOUT GROUP BUY PRICING!
2 - S2 Sport, Wide Cornering
2 - Squadron Sport, Driving/Combo
2 - Squadron Sport, Spot

Pro - $1,299.95 Retail (SKU: 447566) - ASK ABOUT GROUP BUY PRICING!
2 - S2 Sport, Wide Cornering
2 - Squadron Pro, Driving/Combo
2 - Squadron Pro, Spot

Unlimited - $1,424.95 Retail (SKU: 447567) - ASK ABOUT GROUP BUY PRICING!
2 - S2 Pro, Wide Cornering
2 - Squadron Pro, Driving/Combo
2 - Squadron Racer, Spot

We have met our 15 group buy minimum, PM me for details!
GROUP BUY ENDS 3/13/17

1. @shelteredraptor *
2. @BajaRacer *
3. @gyrotech *
4. @C07 *
5. @jeffkrgutility *
6. @TKS *
7. @Ironhorse07 *
8. @Jetsco *
9. @96LT4 *
10. @Fusco0520 *
11. @ams mike *
12. @Judd McPherson *
13. @Tonecapone *
14. @Jmythehead *
15. @#1T *
16. @consolidated *
17. @lottp *
18. @skippo9 *
19. @Dredlin *
20. @Darthzador *
21. @SeXualAVENGER *
22. @Lambjere1 *
23. @UhOh *
24. @COquattro *
25. @82jumper *
26. @Lowriderjo *
27. @iumbastu *
28. @wizze *
29. @BurnOut *
30. @GRutter *
31. @vsayler *
32. @Hemkin57 *

* - Confirmed buyer!

Baja Designs has updated their website to include these kits. Please see this link for more details:

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Ford-F-150-Raptor-17-Lighting-Kits.asp

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad they cant work a price excluding the wiring harness. Since its a Raptor specific kit there is no need for any harness.

OP
OP
R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Too bad they cant work a price excluding the wiring harness. Since its a Raptor specific kit there is no need for any harness.

Talking with our Baja Design rep that is what he told me. If they make exceptions, it is still undecided. You will need some type of wire harness to bring the lights back to the factory switch wiring. Yes, when you buy a pair of lights, it has a wire harness but three separate ones and you would either have to wire those into individual switches (using up half of your switches) or splice the wire and do it yourself. They are just providing a wire harness kit that is plug n' play to make things simple (K.I.S.S).

There is no obligation to get on the list.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talking with our Baja Design rep that is what he told me. If they make exceptions, it is still undecided. You will need some type of wire harness to bring the lights back to the factory switch wiring. Yes, when you buy a pair of lights, it has a wire harness but three separate ones and you would either have to wire those into individual switches (using up half of your switches) or splice the wire and do it yourself. They are just providing a wire harness kit that is plug n' play to make things simple (K.I.S.S).

There is no obligation to get on the list.

I dont even have a 17 yet:)(getting a 18) My neighbor has a Raptor and took it to trick trucks whit a light sets to have it installed. They told him they need to run the would harness and cost for install would be 300-400. Since they were unfamiliar with the truck having the wiring all pre ran they wanted to install the whole thing. If they could make the kit real vehicle specific like just the wire to run to the connectors under hood and set instructions it might be cheaper. I know its hard for large manufacturers to do that but maybe a small one like baja might be able to.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be in if they make it vehicle specific. I want the option of switching them as I please though.

OP
OP
R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

I dont even have a 17 yet:)(getting a 18) My neighbor has a Raptor and took it to trick trucks whit a light sets to have it installed. They told him they need to run the would harness and cost for install would be 300-400. Since they were unfamiliar with the truck having the wiring all pre ran they wanted to install the whole thing. If they could make the kit real vehicle specific like just the wire to run to the connectors under hood and set instructions it might be cheaper. I know its hard for large manufacturers to do that but maybe a small one like baja might be able to.

Right now if you purchase the three sets of lights in pairs, like I said it comes with a harness. That is three harness with alot of wire. They are most likely going to be at a reduced kit pricing getting all three at the same time and reducing the wire that is needed. This will be a Raptor specific kit design with you in mind. They have/had a GEN2 in their shop and is fully aware of the Raptor wiring and what factory switches handle how many amps. The reason its taking a while to get to market is because their raptor was late getting to them (like everyone else) and they want to do it right, in Baja Design fashion. Getting the kit should be LESS than getting it separately AND the bracket will ONLY be sold with these kits.

gyrotech

Reaction score
Is this different than the preorder directly with Baja?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free