Tuffy Rear Seat Lockbox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr. Hunter

Reaction score
I had one in my gen 1 and got one for my gen 2. Seems to be tougher to install this time around.}

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the answer today while looking thru trucks at the dealer!

The 2017 SUPER-DUTY Large cab has a rear seat storage system that collapses so you can still have all your floor space and then if you need it, it unfolds into a box that hugs the bottom of both seats with dividers! Im getting it priced by the dealer, looks like the best of both world and exactly what Ive been looking for! more info coming!

heres a link that shows the box http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/1607-first-drive-2017-ford-super-duty/photo-20.html

Last edited:

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score

The 2017 SUPER-DUTY Large cab has a rear seat storage system that collapses so you can still have all your floor space and then if you need it, it unfolds into a box that hugs the bottom of both seats with dividers! Im getting it priced by the dealer, looks like the best of both world and exactly what Ive been looking for! more info coming!

heres a link that shows the box 2017 Ford Super Duty Rear Under Seat Storage Open - Photo 203129195 - First Drive: 2017 Ford Super Duty
Nice! Just wish the SCAB had something like this available.

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score

heres a link that shows the box 2017 Ford Super Duty Rear Under Seat Storage Open - Photo 203129195 - First Drive: 2017 Ford Super Duty

Definitely interested

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OEM storage unit is nice but WAY overpriced at $440
They come in the F250's and the high end F150's (King Ranch, Platnium)

I looked it over today and it def will fit exactly into the Gen2 with the largest Cab.
It is fastened to the floor in the OEM install with four threaded studs protruding up from the floor, not sure if they are thru bolts or studs from the factory. It could easily be mounted with Fender washers and a self tapping TEC screw if put into the Gen2)

I'm passing on this as the other options avail are at half the cost uH-Ha and Rigid

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
REar Storage OEM option pics

The four black round plugs in the bottom cover the fastening bolts/nuts

Attachments

• IMG_2375.JPG
    IMG_2375.JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_2376.JPG
    IMG_2376.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_2377.JPG
    IMG_2377.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_2378.JPG
    IMG_2378.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_2379.JPG
    IMG_2379.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 151

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you happen to know the part #? Where did you find cost info? I can't find anything on web.

I didnt get the PN, after I saw the price of $440
Any Parts guy at FORD should be able to get that info...Ill see if I can get a list of parts and post

BeansGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one in my 2014 , love it and would never be with out it . Unless the burglar has a steel saw or carries around a full array of tools aint no one breaking into it in a few minutes . It has plenty of storage for a purse , laptop bag and a couple guns and other stuff all at once . For those that say they don't want to loose floor space how often do you put your seats up and put anything in that area ? and If you have the Sony sub your already loosing that space on the passenger side .

Bottom line is it is worth the money and you can forget about worrying if you leave valuables in your car in a movie parking lot , theme park or hotel .

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Oh before I forget if you have a kicker sub speaker this box wont fit , only fits with Sony Sub or no sub .

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Judging from the photos, that Ford box appears to be plastic and does not have a locking top. For those of us who have things in a our trucks that we don't want the kids messing with and that we don't want to have stolen, it's a non-starter.