FORScan on a Gen1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
See here for lots of back ground information: FORScan - software to enable/disable features in your truck - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

So I figured I'd run this and scan my Gen1 and see what the results where, they are not as impressive as the list of things that you can do with a Gen2 but none the less there are some useful things it can do for its low cost ($40 for the hardware). I'm going to run it on other MYs when I get a chance and see what options are avaliable on them and record the results here for people to see.

• Install/Uninstall Trailer Brake Controller
  • Enable/Disable DRLs
  • Set the front and rear tire pressure warning levels
  • Turn auto lock on and off
  • Enable/Disable perimeter alarm
  • Enable/Disable remote keyless entry
  • Enable/Disable welcome interior lights

Some screenshots of it reading data from a Gen1:

7WIzcrw.png

Jl61eUP.png

02Pf5jE.png

Last edited:

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've played around with it a bit when I was trying to make cooled seats work in a '10, but never bothered to get the extended license.

The tire pressure thing is interesting, can you set any value in there?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2010s are GEM trucks. 2011-2014 have BCMs and much more things are accessible with Forscan. I signed up their forum and requested the license but haven't had time to try it yet.

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010s are GEM trucks. 2011-2014 have BCMs and much more things are accessible with Forscan. I signed up their forum and requested the license but haven't had time to try it yet.

Any idea of what else would be accessible?

OP
OP
t_j

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score