Right Front suspension noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevmn56

Reaction score
Hello all i am getting a muffled thumping while going down the road when i hit bumps in the road, at freeway speeds there is no noise.....I just had the shocks rebuilt at a place in Vegas (hopefully), great road trip. But this noise is driving me nuts it is only on the right side. I am going to re-torque everything tonight, even the lower shock nut..........but if this doesnt work where should i look next.

Thanks for your input

Ratpatator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of talk about this welcome to the hunt. As far as I can tell as long as it's not just noise from your shocks...nature of the beast, then I have come to the conclusion it can only be bushings on the UCA or LCA or ball joints that seem fine until pressured by the suspension and full weight of the truck. Far as I can tell this is the million dollar question

OP
OP
C

Chevmn56

Reaction score
So are the guys that are going to the full LCA and the UCA suspension replacement (ICON etc) getting the noise still?

Blaplant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noise on mine with the lCA replaced with stock shocks not not all the time

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just posted in earlier clunk thread. I thinking steering rack or steering box. Everything else was torqued down when Rory at Raptor Kustoms rebuilt my shocks and we went to mid-perch. Clunk was before and after rebuild and truck has new ball joints. Only happens at low speeds on passenger side front.

Forged Offroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your IWE vacuum lines where they go into the hub, sometimes those can get pinched or torn and will make noise here and there due to not having proper vacuum.

OP
OP
C

Chevmn56

Reaction score
Yep I'm having the same symptoms. . . . . . What would be lose on the steering rack that would make that racket. . . . It's totally weird at freeway speeds hitting expansion joints etc quite as a church mouse. . . . Something is getting loaded up at regular cruise speeds!?

Chevydillan

Reaction score
Just want to add mine to this list as well and sub to this thread. Same RF clunk. I've went over all bolts and found nothing loose. Is there a heim in the lower shock that could be getting loose?

Mr.T

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

I have the same issue. Sounds like a common problem. I have the stock FOX suspension and first I was wondering if the truck already needs new joints after only 20000 miles which would be awful. But reading all this it must be a different problem. Did anybody figure it out yet? Thank's for the help.

OP
OP
C

Chevmn56

Reaction score
I have found a couple things since I have been all over the under side of the truck. . . . . There is a plastic skid plate for the gas tank that wraps around the front of the rank it was rattling around and is secured very poorly from the factory. . . I took some water pipe wrap that you get at home Depot and cut it in half and stuffed it between the tank and shield........ I have also found the spare tire was real lose....... And the tail gate is a rattle trap moving side to side when the gate is up. . . And the step handle thing in the tailgate is horrable. . . . . Thinking on what to do to get that thing to quite rattling