GEN 2 LED info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrady5979

Reaction score
Hey does anyone know what the bulb type is on the gen2 puddle lights. Looking to replace the bulbs to a brighter LED. Also has anyone or does anyone have a Gen2 LED bulb swap break down?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey does anyone know what the bulb type is on the gen2 puddle lights. Looking to replace the bulbs to a brighter LED. Also has anyone or does anyone have a Gen2 LED bulb swap break down?

We're in the process of putting one together, but haven't been able to lock down the bulb size yet or which trucks are incandescent and which trucks have halogen.

What trim level is your truck? 800A, 801A, or 802A?

OP
OP
jbrady5979

jbrady5979

Reaction score
To be honest, and I may sound like a ******** but I don't remember the exact code. I want to say the 802a. I didn't know there was a803a?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
To be honest, and I may sound like a ******** but I don't remember the exact code. I want to say the 802a. I didn't know there was a803a?

There isn't. I made a typo in my original post. Sorry about that. I thought I had corrected it in time.

sealed assembly from Ford, no listing on the bulb separate.

That's what we were afraid of.

OP
OP
jbrady5979

jbrady5979

Reaction score
So I do have 802A with black/grey leather, LEDs in the pockets. I would safely guess I have LED map lights because of the white color( not that bright though) LEDs in the puddles ( look to be the same bulbs, again not that bright) head lights hi and low are LED. If that help anyone just don't know the bulb type or number. I wanted to change my puddle light colors.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I do have 802A with black/grey leather, LEDs in the pockets. I would safely guess I have LED map lights because of the white color( not that bright though) LEDs in the puddles ( look to be the same bulbs, again not that bright) head lights hi and low are LED. If that help anyone just don't know the bulb type or number. I wanted to change my puddle light colors.

If it's like the Gen 1 trucks, it's a festoon bulb and required you to cut open the factory housing, replace the light, and reseal with cleary butyl or silicone. We haven't yet been able to find out the bulb type/size to get this upgrade out for the Gen 2 owners.