Keep E-force or go twins?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MRCntry

Reaction score
Hey guys, new Raptor owner here!

The new to me Raptor is a 2010 5.4 with an E-force s/c and straight pipes out the back. Now I'm coming from a 2010 F150 STX and had a 2001 vortech Mustang and stock 2003 Mustang so I can't leave well enough alone.

My questions to you guys, with the thought of more HP in the future:
-would you keep the e-force?
-sell it and go twins?
-or some third option?

I bought the truck through a dealer that has no idea what's in it so I'm going to do a complete tear down soon and put GT500 rods and pistons in (they'll be cut) and go from there if it's not already forged. My thoughts with the twins is On3 makes a great, affordable kit that will bolt up and hit boost later unlike the E-force that rips the tires loose with such high gearing as it sits so I'm stuck.

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, new Raptor owner here!

The new to me Raptor is a 2010 5.4 with an E-force s/c and straight pipes out the back. Now I'm coming from a 2010 F150 STX and had a 2001 vortech Mustang and stock 2003 Mustang so I can't leave well enough alone.

My questions to you guys, with the thought of more HP in the future:
-would you keep the e-force?
-sell it and go twins?
-or some third option?

I bought the truck through a dealer that has no idea what's in it so I'm going to do a complete tear down soon and put GT500 rods and pistons in (they'll be cut) and go from there if it's not already forged. My thoughts with the twins is On3 makes a great, affordable kit that will bolt up and hit boost later unlike the E-force that rips the tires loose with such high gearing as it sits so I'm stuck.

Hope you get some feedback, but being that there's not many 5.4 guys here, I'm not optimistic.

Keep me updated on what you do, I have a 5.4 as well and would like a S/C or turbo setup some day. If you get rid of yours I may be interested in taking it off your hands, or if you could provide more info on that turbo set up.

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well he's asking for more HP in the future. IMO build the engine to withstand more psi to produce that HP. If you want hp, turbos will produce more compared to a s/c.

One Slow 5.0

Reaction score
It really depends on how much power you want. I currently have a 2010 screw cab FX2 with an aluminum 5.8 forged short block, stage 3 JPC heads, custom blower cams, stainless work headers with 3" collectors and custom 3" Borla XR1 exhaust, custom intake, 90mm ford racing throttle body and an edelbrock E Force that has been fully ported, 1" intercooler lines, afco raptor heat exchanger, EMP water pump, boost a pump, circle D billet converter, and fully built circle D transmission. I don't have any HP numbers yet but the above combo with 7PSI boost will out run a 2013 Camaro ss with exhaust and tune up too 130 mph. I'm currently work on an 8 rib swap and a 15% overdrive lower. That being said if I was to do it over I would go turbo and stay a way from anything that says MMR it is all junk

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really depends on how much power you want. I currently have a 2010 screw cab FX2 with an aluminum 5.8 forged short block, stage 3 JPC heads, custom blower cams, stainless work headers with 3" collectors and custom 3" Borla XR1 exhaust, custom intake, 90mm ford racing throttle body and an edelbrock E Force that has been fully ported, 1" intercooler lines, afco raptor heat exchanger, EMP water pump, boost a pump, circle D billet converter, and fully built circle D transmission. I don't have any HP numbers yet but the above combo with 7PSI boost will out run a 2013 Camaro ss with exhaust and tune up too 130 mph. I'm currently work on an 8 rib swap and a 15% overdrive lower. That being said if I was to do it over I would go turbo and stay a way from anything that says MMR it is all junk

damn, i was going to buy a built mmr motor in the future.

Hedges4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thoughts with the twins is On3 makes a great, affordable kit that will bolt up and hit boost later unlike the E-force that rips the tires loose with such high gearing as it sits so I'm stuck.

I'd keep the SC if all you have money for is an On3 kit. You get what you pay for and cheap turbos have trouble written all over them.