Hp/Tq numbers with mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
550 RWHP would be pretty close to 700 at the crank, no? So that's a 250 horsepower increase (or > 50%) over stock with some pretty basic mods? I'd be very impressed. I'd still wait to see how they hold up, though. I'm past the point in my life where I'm willing to pay for anyone else's R&D. Been there and done that. It's expensive.

Don't ask me how I know.

Btw, guys, I haven't driven the new Raptor so I can't say what it's like. But I can tell you my Gen 1 put down 560 at the rear on brand new Toyo MTs (VERY heavy). I'd say she's easily north of 700 horsepower. There are really very limited uses for this kind of power in such a truck. I'm saying this because I know a lot of you newcomers are switching into the Raptor from Honda Accords and WRXs and even VW Rabbits. I'm just trying to warn you that if you have this image in your head of continuing your rice boy antics of "racing" while weaving in and out of traffic and/or pulling ricer fly-bys long after the other guy let off (for safety reasons), you're buying the wrong vehicle. And you're probably going to die.

If you do not heed this advice, at a minimum, I see a lot of lightly used but heavily modded Jen 2s on the market (once you realize that -44 offset duece-dueces don't "fix" the "handling issues"). And that's the best case scenario.

Was that a PSA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You aren't gaining 200hp with a downpipe and a tune.

http://www.full-race.com/store/efr-series/ford-f-150-freakoboost-twin-efr-turbo-kit.html/

^^^ that's what it took to break 500hp in a gen 1 f150 eco.

Gen 2 HO eco has larger turbo's, etc etc, probably looking at 120-150 with fairly easy upgrades (charge piping, intercooler, tune, downpipe). More if you throw in tubular manifolds, ported hot side, etc.

The numbers are there, but you'll have to pay like everyone else.

Danzio sells an 830hp/600tq eco for 40k but it has lots of custom goodies.

https://www.danzioperformance.com/?page_id=13

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
True, my point is Ford detuned the GT down due to warranty concerns, I'm sure it can handle more.
I doubt the Raptors 3.5L HO can do the same giving it's only a $6K engine (Long Block).

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tuners are lagging. Where are the tunes ?! Gen 2 Raptors are on the street

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There aren't any complete editable Tune files for the 2017 PCM for the 10 speed tranny, yet.
This may take longer for files to come out, longer than the Supercharged Header files for the Gen 1

Last edited: