2017 SCREW Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would recommend not covering it. Do a quality clean, clay bar and wax. It's not Ferrari, it's a pickup. Paint is tough if it's properly cleaned and protected. A cover will just scratch it......

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
+1

My truck will not be driven daily and will not fit in my 2 motorcycle garage. Sure, I plan on taking care of the truck, including a wash / wax routine, but spring - fall where i live you can get a coat of pollen on you vehicle inside of 75 minutes.

Also, that cover linked - I’ll bet it won’t fit a Raptor. I got a pretty decent truck cover before even after calling but ... fit a regular F150, not a Lightning. It only left the bottom trim exposed but frustrating. AND - no antenna cut out.

OP
OP
C

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would recommend not covering it. Do a quality clean, clay bar and wax. It's not Ferrari, it's a pickup. Paint is tough if it's properly cleaned and protected. A cover will just scratch it......

Problem is my detailer just took delivery of my truck yesterday and transported it to a storage locker for me I am having him do a delivery prep (decontamination, polish, ceramic coating) on the truck but I will be out of the country for the next 4 months. I want him to do the prep now as it was delivered with a lot of salt and grim covering the truck but do not want it to sit in a locker for the next 4 months to get covered in dust and grit again.

He measured the paint already and said he was surprised the OEM paint on this truck is very thin.

how often do you drive it? very few people i know have the patience to cover their car daily...QUOTE]

Its my Winter daily....when I am home which is not many months out of the year so all my cars end up sitting in storage much more than I drive them.

I was going to try this one and see if it fits
2017 Ford F 150 Raptor Supercrew Cab Extra Short Bed 5 5 Ft Truck Covers | Guaranteed Fit | CarCovers.com

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please don't cover it. If anything gets in between your paint and that car cover you're going to have scratches. Regardless of what they will tell you.

ronniegilbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have that one and just put it on tonight. The fit was ok after taking off the antenna and bringing in the mirrors. Only problem is the cord that goes underneath the car to secure it is too short. I had to use some string to secure it. I will be calling the company tomorrow to see if they can send me a longer cord. I watched a video where they said to make sure all dust is off the truck including the wheels before putting it on. Just hope I don't take it off and find scratches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Carbon8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have that one and just put it on tonight. The fit was ok after taking off the antenna and bringing in the mirrors. Only problem is the cord that goes underneath the car to secure it is too short. I had to use some string to secure it. I will be calling the company tomorrow to see if they can send me a longer cord. I watched a video where they said to make sure all dust is off the truck including the wheels before putting it on. Just hope I don't take it off and find scratches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah...heard about the fitment issues with that brand so I actually ordered this from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ZMG2BM/?tag=fordraptorforum-20
picked up as set of Ford all weathers at the same time...kinda surprised an off road truck comes with fabric mats.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Please don't cover it. If anything gets in between your paint and that car cover you're going to have scratches. Regardless of what they will tell you.

I don’t disagree here, but I covered my black Lightning for years - carefully- and I was quite pleased with how the truck looked when I sold it. I think your phrase - anything between the cover and paint - is something a lot of people misunderstand.

The cover shields your truck from external dust, pollen and contaminants. If you’re not careful when you pull the cover off, the stuff gets all over your truck. If you’re in the height of pollen season, fuhgeddaboutit. Once the cover’s off, leave it off. etc.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t disagree here, but I covered my black Lightning for years - carefully- and I was quite pleased with how the truck looked when I sold it. I think your phrase - anything between the cover and paint - is something a lot of people misunderstand.

The cover shields your truck from external dust, pollen and contaminants. If you’re not careful when you pull the cover off, the stuff gets all over your truck. If you’re in the height of pollen season, fuhgeddaboutit. Once the cover’s off, leave it off. etc.

They don't create an airtight seal and that allows dirt and or whatever else is blowing around to find its way under the cover. I know lots of people who have used them both here in sunny California as well as the Midwest and most have scratches from taking the thing on and off. And honestly, I just did some paint correction on a back Ford GT a couple of months ago where the guy was "proud of himself for maintaining the paints condition perfectly" until I pulled out my detailing light and showed him how screwed his paint actually was from his ****** wash techniques. If anyone wants to cover there car they are better off using those clear thin plastic covers that you see used at car shows. They are thing plastic which is super soft kind of like cling wrap for food containers and is better at not scratching.