JDM vs 5* vs SVC tunes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donk_316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.
All 3 companies offer a SCT platform based tune.

Does anyone know why their is such a price difference between all 3?

The JDM tune is $385 + a sales tax
The SVC tune is $250
And the 5* is $105

All 3 say that their tune is based off my strategy code and modifications.

Last edited:

justinb491

Reaction score
I cant comment on SVC or 5*, but I have a Roush Raptor and I have had the Vmp tune and the JDM tune. I will say hands down JDM has their tuning dialed in to the T. I think most big name tuners are all pretty close, at least from my cars in the past. Its the little tweaks one guy has over the next that makes the difference. I couldnt be happier with JDM and im sure others will chime in too

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have tune from 5* and like it a lot, really woke up the 6.2. I paid more, about the same as SVC tune, maybe because of the five custom tunes. I've heard great things about the SVC tune and maybe you could get them to do a package deal with tune plus a pedal commander, the two together is a must have imo

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+2 for 5 star those guys are very helpful and informative next step for me is to data log my 93 performance tune and have them tweak it even more

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys.
All 3 companies offer a SCT platform based tune.

Does anyone know why their is such a price difference between all 3?

The JDM tune is $411 (!!!)
The SVC tune is $250
And the 5* is $105 (?) but it seems like a generic canned tune by looks of the website.

Truck is a 2013 with Airraid intake, kooks headers and off-road mid pipe with Roush catback

We are $385 for custom tune files, not $411...?

Along with our tuning comes very good customer service, revisions if necessary, and future tuning support. We do charge for certain changes that require a new file to be made.

Our experience over the years certainly makes our tuning stand out over the competitions. Drive-ability as well as performance is important to us, most people say that after our tuning was installed that it's the way the truck should have came from the factory!

Tuning is different then buying an air intake or other part that is listed at a manufactures retail price. You are going to see a wide range in pricing, but you will get what you pay for.

JimIII

rmschaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Jim from JDM. Pay little more and be a lot happier. I went 5* route basically because it was in some many freakin posts here. Getting multiple tunes was a priority for me as my truck is a DD. I also had them do a tow tune for me as I have pulled a trailer in my last truck and wanted that capability if I decide to do it again.

OP
OP
D

donk_316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are $385 for custom tune files, not $411...?

Along with our tuning comes very good customer service, revisions if necessary, and future tuning support. We do charge for certain changes that require a new file to be made.

Our experience over the years certainly makes our tuning stand out over the competitions. Drive-ability as well as performance is important to us, most people say that after our tuning was installed that it's the way the truck should have came from the factory!

Tuning is different then buying an air intake or other part that is listed at a manufactures retail price. You are going to see a wide range in pricing, but you will get what you pay for.

JimIII

The price on the website is $385 + $26.47 taxes added at the checkout, so the total is $411.47

I appreciate your response but as you can surely guess, every tuner says that. Literally word for word.

Big Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried a few different tunes on my Raptor. The first was when I had the CAI and Exhaust installed that really woke the truck up. After a month or two I had headers installed
5* e- mailed me a update tune file to accommodate for the new headers with the new found power of maybe 30HP I did notice the shifting was a little harsher then I like with the tune. After reading a article about JDM I gave them a call and talked to JimIII I gave him my strategy code and when I got there they had a tune file waiting after they installed it I took it on a test ride 3rd & 4th was banging a bit they rewrote it went on test drive 3rd was fine but 4th was still a little aggressive he rewrote it again and it drove like a luxury car every sift was smoooth. The point I'm trying to make they have the knowledge and talent to make these Awesome Trucks drive exactly the way we want. And that my friend is priceless!!

http://vimeo.com/114423202

JDM made it fun to drive my Raptor again

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The price on the website is $385 + $26.47 taxes added at the checkout, so the total is $411.47

I appreciate your response but as you can surely guess, every tuner says that. Literally word for word.

Tax is only charged when ordering in the state of New Jersey since that's where we are located.