Rear end noise after services

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cpetes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Evening fellas,

I feel as though I have something going on in the rear end of the truck after a few things have been done. I would say this all started yesterday as I took off from a stop light on my normal route to work. I heard a clunk/hiccup type sound.. When I took my truck in Dec 16th I was informed by my dealership (during an oil change) that my left rear axle seal was leaking and that they could replace it under warranty. I thought sure doesn't seem like a big deal go ahead. All is going smooth and at the end of December I had some Deaver +2s installed and everything felt great! Well as of yesterday when I take off from a stop i get a little "clunk" sounding noise, something that was not there before....

With that said, I did my research on Deavers and heard no such problem and didn't have this problem until they went on. I thought it may have put the driveshaft at a different angle or something of that nature. Also, could this just be the dreaded CLUNK that i hear about? I want to rule that out because I don't hear much about 2014s getting this issue.

I will probably schedule to take it to the dealership, but any ideas or help is certainly appreciated.

Last edited:

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Evening fellas,

I feel as though I have something going on in the rear end of the truck after a few things have been done. I would say this all started yesterday as I took off from a stop light on my normal route to work. I heard a clunk/hiccup type sound.. When I took my truck in Dec 16th I was informed by my dealership (during an oil change) that my left rear axle seal was leaking and that they could replace it under warranty. I thought sure doesn't seem like a big deal go ahead. All is going smooth and at the end of December I had some Deaver +2s installed and everything felt great! Well as of yesterday when I take off from a stop i get a little "clunk" sounding noise, something that was not there before....

With that said, I did my research on Deavers and heard no such problem and didn't have this problem until they went on. I thought it may have put the driveshaft at a different angle or something of that nature. Also, could this just be the dreaded CLUNK that i hear about? I want to rule that out because I don't hear much about 2014s getting this issue.

I will probably schedule to take it to the dealership, but any ideas or help is certainly appreciated.
Clunk or more of almost a chirp?

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it is more of a "womp womp" type sound when starting to move etc, I highly recommend ordering a tube of the grease below, remove the driveshaft, clean the yoke at the front end of the driveshaft and then liberally grease it with the grease below. The grease Ford recommends is junk and their greasing it will only last a month or two while the grease below will pretty much end the noise for good.

AMSOIL Synthetic Polymeric Off-Road Grease, NLGI #2

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Chris Has amsoil got a synthetic grease that is dielectric? A lot cheaper way of buying dielectric than a squeeze tube.

OP
OP
cpetes

cpetes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is more of a "womp womp" type sound when starting to move etc, I highly recommend ordering a tube of the grease below, remove the driveshaft, clean the yoke at the front end of the driveshaft and then liberally grease it with the grease below. The grease Ford recommends is junk and their greasing it will only last a month or two while the grease below will pretty much end the noise for good.

AMSOIL Synthetic Polymeric Off-Road Grease, NLGI #2

I am thinking this is what I will have them do.. I'll give them a shout today and see what happens. Thanks Chris