2017 Raptor stock security systeem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charles S

Reaction score
Does any one know what our stock security system comes with? I can't find any information on the internet concerning the stock system. I did see a dealer video the said there are two motion sensors in the overhead console.

I'm trying to figure out if the stock system is going to be enough or should I look into upgrading it when my Raptor finally shows up.

Thanks,

Charles

D-Dub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2017 Raptor and F150 Security

The base security system has two levels, the basic perimeter and perimeter with internal motion sensors. The bad part is that ford left out the middle part of the equation. Which is an External Shock Sensor. Ford calls it a Perimeter Plus "Accessory" where two additional modules are added if you choose for close to $450 retail. One module is a shock sensor the other is is for Ford Remote Access ($60.00) year subscription similar to GM Onstar... but way cheaper. You can but the modules seperatly, I chose on to go with the shock sensor only. It is a plug and play system except if you get the remote access the Ford Parts guy will have to register and activate the SIM card for your vehicle. Why is the external shock sensor a missing link, is that the basic perimeter system does not go off if someone try's to break a window or open a door, once inside it only takes a few seconds for a their to steal your items inside even though the internal motion sensors go off. By then access inside has been gained. I prefer the alarm to go off if a would be thief try's to break the glass or pulls on the door handle. The shock sensor is about $168.00 and is straight plug and play. It also has a sensitivity adjustment. I bought on for my 2016... then installed it on my 2017 Raptor, no issues works fine. You can do a youtube search and see how it works and get the part number from the Ford Custom Accessories web link in the Ford Owners Website. Hope this helps!!! One other thing, the kits do not come with an LED that flashes, but can add it for an additional $15.00, unfortunately you are supposed to drill a 9/32 hole in the top of steering shroud!!! I did it on my 2016, but did not on my Raptor. Why telegraph the vehicle is armed with an alarm!!! Cheers D-Dub!!!

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
motion sensors

The base security system has two levels, the basic perimeter and perimeter with internal motion sensors. The bad part is that ford left out the middle part of the equation. Which is an External Shock Sensor. Ford calls it a Perimeter Plus "Accessory" where two additional modules are added if you choose for close to $450 retail. One module is a shock sensor the other is is for Ford Remote Access ($60.00) year subscription similar to GM Onstar... but way cheaper. You can but the modules seperatly, I chose on to go with the shock sensor only. It is a plug and play system except if you get the remote access the Ford Parts guy will have to register and activate the SIM card for your vehicle. Why is the external shock sensor a missing link, is that the basic perimeter system does not go off if someone try's to break a window or open a door, once inside it only takes a few seconds for a their to steal your items inside even though the internal motion sensors go off. By then access inside has been gained. I prefer the alarm to go off if a would be thief try's to break the glass or pulls on the door handle. The shock sensor is about $168.00 and is straight plug and play. It also has a sensitivity adjustment. I bought on for my 2016... then installed it on my 2017 Raptor, no issues works fine. You can do a youtube search and see how it works and get the part number from the Ford Custom Accessories web link in the Ford Owners Website. Hope this helps!!! One other thing, the kits do not come with an LED that flashes, but can add it for an additional $15.00, unfortunately you are supposed to drill a 9/32 hole in the top of steering shroud!!! I did it on my 2016, but did not on my Raptor. Why telegraph the vehicle is armed with an alarm!!! Cheers D-Dub!!!

Is this on the 802a package? or all of them?

D-Dub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Security System

Is this on the 802a package? or all of them?

The base security system (perimeter security) comes on all 2015 + F150s including the Gen 2 Raptor, difference is the Raptor 802a package is the standard package for this high end truck and the interior motion sensors are standard. I was very surprised not to see the shock sensor as an option or as part of a dealer allocation builds. These still remain as "custom accessories" you must purchase from the Ford accessory page... I remote access requires you to carry an extra fob just to unlock you doors or start your vehicle from a distance of 1000 feet... which if you have Ford Pass downloaded on your phone you can track, start, lock, unlock your truck for free! Goofy way to go about alarming your vehicle IMHO. I bought the "Perimeter Plus" module for less then retail, installed in about 30 minutes. Hope this helps, Cheers D-Dub

r8ders

Reaction score
Can the motion sensors be added on the truck that doesn't have the 802a package?