Xpel + opti-coat pro +

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajacob1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, im new here and just had a couple questions. I've never owned a truck so was looking for some advice. i was planning on doing an xpel application to the hood (first 24"), fenders, mirrors and front bumper. Would you guys recommend getting the rockers and a-pillars done as well? I will not be doing serious off roading aside from the remote sites i viist. Will be doing opti-coat pro+ as well.

Secondly if there is anyone from Calgary, AB (or Red Deer, AB) here what shop would you recommend to do the work? Any feedback would be great, thanks.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, im new here and just had a couple questions. I've never owned a truck so was looking for some advice. i was planning on doing an xpel application to the hood (first 24"), fenders, mirrors and front bumper. Would you guys recommend getting the rockers and a-pillars done as well? I will not be doing serious off roading aside from the remote sites i viist. Will be doing opti-coat pro+ as well.

Secondly if there is anyone from Calgary, AB (or Red Deer, AB) here what shop would you recommend to do the work? Any feedback would be great, thanks.

Find someone to coat your truck with Car Pro's Cquartz coating over Opti Coat in my opinion. Their coatings have been known to yellow or cause the paint to look chalky after time.

OP
OP
A

ajacob1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh, is that true for opti-coat pro+ as well or just opti-coat pro? Futher more i see there are a number of Cquarts products, are they all suitable for the harsh winters here in Canada or should i be looking at one over the other? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

u0104940

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ajacob1 , I was planning on doing Opti-Coat Pro+ as well as recommended by my local shop who I've used for many years. I'll ask him more about this and give what input I can find. I will also ask him about the Cquartz Coating over the Opti-Coat.

gyrotech

Reaction score
I'm having the opti-coat pro put on now. Opted out of the +. He didn't sell me on the qualities for the additional $$$. Would love to see some pics of the +.

Hornettt

Reaction score
Too many choices

I have a new Raptor coming. I'm reading about Opti-coat, Xpel and Cquartz. I live in the mountain west. Hot dry summers wet cold winters snow and rain. What are the best coatings? Is a Combo best? I'm such a newbi at this stuff. I have an 89 Landcruiser turbo diesel that has been my backcountry vehicle. No coatings on that lol... But my wife's Lexus has some kind of paint protection film from the dealer. I'm just trying to get some info to decide on which way to go once the new Raptor arrives...

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a new Raptor coming. I'm reading about Opti-coat, Xpel and Cquartz. I live in the mountain west. Hot dry summers wet cold winters snow and rain. What are the best coatings? Is a Combo best? I'm such a newbi at this stuff. I have an 89 Landcruiser turbo diesel that has been my backcountry vehicle. No coatings on that lol... But my wife's Lexus has some kind of paint protection film from the dealer. I'm just trying to get some info to decide on which way to go once the new Raptor arrives...

XPEL protection film is absolutely the top of the top for protection film. Incredible warranty, and the stuff is almost invisible when installed right. XPEL coating and having someone top that with Cquartz coating and then use a sealant like Car Pros Reload over the top of that will get you the best results. XPEL sells a self healing film that will actually fix its itself when it has small marring in the surface like swirl marks and I do believe you lose that when you put coating over the film. And honestly a 50ml bottle of Cquartz is $80ish and can definitely be done yourself. For ANYONE interested in coating their truck hit me up and I'll shoot you over some tips and tricks so you can do it yourself and save some $$$$. If you don't want the paint to be 100% free of light marring/scratches/swirls then I highly recommend coating your truck yourself and saving the extra money for other mods. You won't find a better way to protect and make your truck easier to clean than a coating topped with a sealant.